Coordinate various clerical and receptionist duties in the Norwood Hospital MRI Department.
Chief, MRI & Director, Imaging Services (All staff and supervisory technologists are accountable to the Radiologist for medical direction.)
High School GraduatePERFORMANCE CRITERIA
- TEAM WORK
- Is supportive of others and provides help and assistance when possible.
- Regularly attends and participates in team and/or department meetings and work activities.
- Keeps others informed.
- Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
- Rotates weekend and shift change duty as required. Adjusts schedule as necessary in view of fluctuation in workload
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed and demonstrates flexibility in response to reassignments.
- Reports to work on time and returns promptly from breaks. Provides proper advance notification for vacation absence or tardiness.
- Observes hospital policies regarding smoking, telephone use, web mail and Internet usage, and other rules governing conduct in the workplace.
- Limits personal phone calls to urgent and emergency situations. Limits communication and activity during regularly scheduled shifts to business related.
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
- Welcomes patients and customers in a warm, friendly manner.
- Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensures the dignity of patient /customer is maintained at all times.
- Maintains patient confidentiality (HIPPA Guidelines) at all times.
- Abides by and upholds Hospital Service Excellence Standards.
- Respects the diversity of the patient/customer population (i.e., ages and culture).
- Utilizes appropriate measures to prevent the transmission of infectious disease. Washes hands appropriately.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Growth and Development in patient interactions.
- Complete annual Mandatory Safety Fair via NetLearning.
- Match proper reports and radiographs in appropriate folders to be filed.
- Retrieve radiographs from clinics and the Emergency Room to ensure proper correlation of films.
- Retrieve any previous radiographs from film files and match them with MRI requisitions and reports.
- Prepare OR cases for the next day and place in appropriate OR slot. Contact necessary office for films to complete OR schedule as necessary.
- Retrieve master folders for physicians per their request.
- Complete conferenc