Stevens & Wilkinson, with over a century of existence, is seeking talented design professionals to join our staff of energetic architects, engineers and interior designers. We take pride in our work, which is why we surround ourselves with like-minded people who are passionate about their communities and dedicated to providing clients with ‘Smart Design Solutions.’ We look for design professionals who believe in working hard and producing great work. Successful candidates will be passionate about design; able to work both independently and in a team environment; have excellent communication skills and be able to handle multiple deadlines.
- Support project designs from conceptual to final construction documents. The individual will be responsible for calculating, developing and finalizing designs and providing specifications, drawings, and supporting documentation for projects requiring Electrical Systems.
- This individual will be required to represent the firm, and interface with the clients. A key team player with excellent communication skills will be critical, and the individual will be required to explain possible alternatives and design approaches.
- Knowledge of LEED (leadership in Energy Efficient Design), and Georgia Peach energy code compliance processes are essential for the scope of the projects for this firm.
- Projects will include, but are not limited to K-12 educational, Higher Education, Mixed Use Development, Hospitality, Governmental Facilities, Corporate tenant fit-outs (alterations), and Interiors renovation projects.
- Lighting design, layouts and specifications. Lighting calculations using software.
- Electrical calculations in support of service entrance and power distribution equipment design.
- Fault current, coordination and arc flash studies using software.
- Fire alarm system design and specifications.
- Telecommunications system design and specifications.
- Knowledge of industry standards and codes.
- AutoCad and REVIT preferred.
Educational/Work Experience Requirements
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree with seven to ten years minimum of professional experience.
- PE preferred, but not required
- Must be fluent in English
The salary for the position is commensurate with experience. The position is full-time with comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, 401(k), etc. Please send resume and cover letter to Ken Daenecke, PE - Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org.