Automotive Dealership Service Lube / Semi-Skilled Technician
We are a family owned Automotive Group that has been a dominant part of Chicago automobile retailing for over 90 years. Our Group is growing rapidly and is seeking talented team members to help our team succeed into the next century of operations. Our Group has always and continues to support the local community and provide a fun, fast-paced and collaborative workplace where growth and advancement opportunities abound.
As part of the Napleton team, you will be part of a family of employees that puts the customer first and brings integrity to work every day. We are looking for a lube technician / mechanic for our MAZDA store, located in Countryside that will adopt our core values and processes.
We pride ourselves on providing a good work environment, focused on your success. We are seeking a friendly, organized, qualified professional to lead a team of solid technicians.
Essential duties and responsibilities of the Automotive Dealership Service Lube / Semi-Skilled Technician are:
- Greet and interact with customers.
- Change vehicle oil.
- Perform multipoint vehicle inspection (required by manufacturer)
- Perform battery test on each vehicle
- Check the transmission fluid and other fluid levels.
- Inspect various belts and filters and check air levels and gauges.
- Rotate tires. (Training will be provided, but candidates should at least have a basic understanding of car maintenance)
- Write up service reports and receipts for work completed.
- Perform work as outlined in repair order with efficiency and accuracy and in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
- Communicate with the parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts for warranty.
- Advise service advisors immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed or if repairs cannot be completed within the time period promised.
- Document all work performance.
- Road test vehicles when required to quality check work performed.
- Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Ensure that customers' vehicles are kept clean.
- Keep shop area neat and clean and be able to account for all dealership owned tools at all times.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations governing the disposal of hazardous waste.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Factory online training must be completed in a timely manner.
Work Environment and Physical Abilities of the Automotive Dealership Service Lube / Semi-Skilled Technician are:
- Required to perform work inside and outside, in all-weather situations, at the shop division location.
- Requires frequent sitting, standing, balancing, bending or stooping for prolonged periods of time.
- Manual dexterity, fine manipulation and the ability to reach with hands and arms and lift up to 80 lbs.
- Must be able to operate simple to complex and heavy-duty machinery.
- Normal range of hearing and vision.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license with a good standing MVR.
- Basic computer skills are a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Lube technicians should be able to communicate well and explain technical components.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to successfully pass a General Abilities Assessment and Post-offer background check, physical and drug screening.
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- 1 year
- 8-hour shift
- Weekend availability
Steve Napleton Auto GroupCountryside, IL
AutomotiveView All Steve Napleton Auto Group Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.