Production Group Line Lead (or Supervisor DOE)
Sterno Texarkana, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- $15 to $19 Hourly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
We are searching for an experienced Production Group Line Lead or Group Line Supervisor for our 2nd Shift to join our team in the Texarkana, Texas area for immediate employment. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual with previous experience in the manufacturing industry with the ability to supervise and develop others while solving problems in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Job Description:
The Production Group Line Lead (or Supervisor) is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day activities of Line Leads and Production staff, ensuring safe work practices are followed and production schedules are met. Must be able to effectively monitor workers responsible for production equipment and must be able to work with Production Planning to ensure timely delivery of materials. ).
The Production Group Line Lead (or Supervisor, depending on previous experience) is the primary lead for 2nd shift. Must be able to work Overtime as needed and possibly weekend hours. Shift availability may vary from 2:30 PM to 3:00 AM the following day; 2:30 PM to 11 PM or 4:30 PM to 3:00 AM the following day.
Qualifications, Experience, Education:
- Supervise day-to-day production schedules
- Collaborate with Production Planning to ensure materials are delivered in a timely manner
- Supervise Line Leads and Production Staff
- Manage training and development of production staff & Line Leads
- Manage budget and utilize operational resources, participate in safety program development
- Ensure that all Corporate and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Interpersonal Skills: Must be able to speak effectively and interact with employees, other department managers and senior management, and be respected throughout the organization.
- Leadership Skills: Must be able to motivate employees to keep operations running smoothly.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Must be able to quickly ascertain a situation and be decisive in solving it, such as identifying defects in the production line.
- Time Management: Must meet production deadlines, shipping dates and manage their time accordingly.
- All Other Duties as assigned by Management
- High School Diploma or GED;
- 3+ years of team lead experience or 5+ years of supervisory experience.
- 4+ years manufacturing/operations production experience.
- Self-motivated and disciplined team player who is able to lead and encourage others and takes pride in the company and their work
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
- Forklift certified
- Proficient in MS Office
- Proven ability to multi-task effectively and produce accurate, timely results in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Consistently demonstrate a positive approach and professional demeanor.
- Ability to handle exposure to temperature changes, high noise levels, and safely work around moving equipment. Occasional lifting up to 50lbs.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, 401(k), Life Insurance, Paid Time Off and Holidays
Sterno is the leading manufacturer and marketer of portable food warming fuel and creative table lighting solutions for the foodservice industry. Sterno's product line includes wick and gel chafing fuels, butane stoves and accessories, liquid and traditional wax candles, catering equipment and lamps. For over 100 years, the iconic "Sterno" brand has been synonymous with quality, canned heat. The heritage of reliability and innovation continues today, as Sterno Products continues to bring to market new products that give foodservice industry professionals greater control over food quality and decor.