Sterno Home is a flameless candle and outdoor lighting industry leader. We proudly create a wide-array of landscape lighting, flameless LED candles for all occasions and spaces, as well as licensed LED products for kids and the young at heart.
We are pleased to be contributing to the legendary Sterno Products 100 - year legacy and to be engaged every day in the creation of imaginative products for the home designed to: connect, surprise and delight!
Sterno Home is a division of The Sterno Group. Our products are sold worldwide to major retailers such as Costco, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Target, Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, Michaels, Pier 1 and independent gift shops.
To see a selection of our products, please visit our website www.sternohome.com
About the Role
The Inventory Analyst is responsible for obtaining and analyzing inventory levels, customer sales analysis, generating reports to support the S&OP process and reporting on key Supply Chain metrics. The Inventory Analyst is responsible for working with functional teams to ensure customer forecast and orders are supported and executed upon to support their needs.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide regular analysis of inventory levels maintained in the domestic warehouse.
- Analyze customer sales reports as it pertains to inventory turns and performance.
- Generate inventory sell lists for Sales and Marketing to execute upon.
- Generate monthly inventory summary reports.
- Report on key metrics.
- Coordinate with Sales Support, Sales & Marketing and Customer Web Portals to obtain customer forecast.
- Input and maintain sales forecast in the demand planning model.
- Analyze and report on historical sales trends versus forecasts.
- Run simulations to determine when a new or pulled in customer order could ship.
- Communicate any issues relating to shortage of supply and provide root cause analysis.
- Coordinate factory planning and scheduling with local team in Asia.
- Monitor factory shipping plans and resolve any misalignment to the supply plan.
Customer Order Analysis:
- Monitor customer orders and compare to forecasted quantities and report on differences.
- Create monthly forecast waterfall charts for analysis and input into the S&OP process.
Information Systems and Tools
- Support the development of BOM’s and Item Master set up.
- Support BOM costing process.
- Focus on continuous improvements within the Supply Chain organization.
- Identify and report on inventory levels and projected sales in support of product changes and phase in and phase out plans.
- Completion of a post-secondary institution, college diploma or university degree in business administration or equivalent discipline;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in inventory control, procurement, or materials planning.
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in materials planning, inventory analysis, Bills of Material.
- Experience using and understanding of ERP/MRP systems.
- Strong customer service skills with ability to provide prompt and accurate information to customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.