Order Entry Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
ORDER ENTRY SPECIALIST position available at the corporate HQ for globally renown lighting company Sternberg Lighting. This is a great entry-level opportunity to join a busy, yet very fun to work with Sales team.
The role will involve:
- Reviews purchase orders, quotations, correspondence, and drawings to make sure that customer orders and work orders accurately reflect customer needs are translated to the production group so that the order is built properly.
- Works with Account Manager to ensure that the order reflects both the quotation and customer intent with the goal of maximizing customer satisfaction and Sternberg profitability.
- Utilizes proper procedures in the accurate and timely entry of Held For Release (HFR) orders and released orders into the software system.
- Follows up on drawing requests to make sure that these are returned to the Rep in a timely manner. Modify or even create drawings as needed. Utilizes automated tools such as Genesis 3D before using internal resources to create submittals.
- Focuses on processing new purchase orders quickly with the goal of having them entered in the system and approval drawings sent within a few days of receipt.
- Follows up with Reps on HFR orders to gain status and speed release of the orders.
- Answers Rep questions on order details quickly and follows up on missing information requirements until issues are resolved.
- Establishes accurate initial lead times for orders, based on current lead times provided by the Purchasing Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Ideally, we’re looking for someone with a high school diploma or GED equivalent who has exceptional computer skills, especially with rosoft Office Suite. Prior experience with CRM and/or ERP systems a definite plus.
This is a full-time, Monday thru Friday daytime position. Must be able to work onsite; no work from home option available for this job.
Sternberg LightingWhy Work Here?
Awesome company culture with on site fitness center, super 401k match & great people!
555 West Lawrence AvenueRoselle, IL
BusinessView all jobs at Sternberg Lighting