- Review customer project plans, rental agreements, purchase orders and acknowledgments for accuracy. Follow-up to ensure that the order is being processed per plan and must be capable of addressing order exceptions to the benefit of both the customer and the company. Inform customer and/or sales of any changes to the order, such as delivery dates. Drive the post-sales process successfully, through to invoicing, always with a focus on the customer experience.
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customer’s experience. Not satisfied with the status-quo. Work cross-functionally to implement process improvements.
- Professionally handle incoming requests from customers and ensure that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly. Direct customers to the correct department as required.
- Thoroughly and efficiently gather customer information, access and fulfill customer needs, educate the customer where applicable to prevent the need for future contacts and document interactions through contact tracking.
- Provide quality service and support in a variety of areas including, but not limited to: accurate invoicing and order entry, and purchase order troubleshooting. Work directly with production as required to solve issues for customers.
- Assist the sales team on troubleshooting customer orders. Maintain project schedules and be able to react quickly to schedule changes.
- Troubleshoot customer issues over the phone. Use company computer systems to analyze the customer’s situation. Be well versed to offer product alternatives to solve customer issues.
- Maintain a balance between company policy and customer benefit in decision making. Handles issues in the best interest of both customer and company.
- Obtain a robust understanding of the product the company manufactures and distributes.
- Participate in cross-functional projects as requested by management.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining and aligning company policies that adhere to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Complies with and is an advocate of the company’s Environmental Policy and Procedures.
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for customers.
- Ability to maintain tight project schedules with a high rate of change.
- Ability to identify opportunities for continuous improvement. Advocate for continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Has "thick skin" and is able to handle complaints and unpleasant customers.
- Has a pleasant, patient and friendly attitude.
- Strong independent decision making and analytical abilities.
- Attention to detail and strong communication/listening skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasional overtime when needed.
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, some college preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a customer service/support required (not call/contact center), manufacturing company preferred.
- Process improvement or lean manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft NAV preferred.
- Must have proficient skills with MS Excel - Pivot tables and macros
- Experience with multiline telephones and personal computers helpful.
- Experience with Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office preferred.
Sterling Site Access Solutions is a EEO/AAP employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.