TITLE: Project Estimator
INDUSTRY: LOGISTICS / MATERIALS HANDLING
AREA: Kansas City
Our client, a leading Material Handling Logistic design firm, designs, develops and implements solutions, has commissioned Sterling St. James, LLC to help them secure a Project Estimator.
For over 50 years, this company has designed, engineered, and implemented logistics management solutions for numerous businesses, large and small, to increase distribution efficiency. The company provides fully integrating multi-million-dollar systems, retrofitting existing systems...cutting edge solutions in material handling, logistics management, supply chain management, value chain management, industrial automation, and more.
They offer only the most technologically advanced equipment that meets the highest standards of performance, quality, and safety. Their pre-engineered products come from many of the best manufacturers and, if necessary, additional equipment is custom fabricated to meet the job requirements.
They provide operational analysis, system engineering, system installation, project management, training, start-up assistance and ongoing support.
This is a dynamic innovative company consistently upgrading the standards in the field.
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Design and develop solutions by working with CAD Designers and Sales Team.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
ESTIMATOR SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Analyzing Information , Estimating, Planning, Reporting Research Results, Strategic Planning, Attention to Detail, Informing Others, Requirements Analysis
(Experience and qualifications will determine salary level)
- BS/BA degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Detail oriented with superb time management
- Communication skills – both verbal and written
- Computer literacy – AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Project
- Able to perform data analysis, cost tracking and reporting
- Experience estimating material handling equipment and conveyor
- Experience with one or more of the following major conveyor manufacturers
- Intelligrated, Dematic, Automotion, Hytrol, TGW
If you feel you are qualified and are ready to move, send your resume in MS Word format as an attachment for immediate consideration.
This is a solid position with an opportunity to be integrally involved in the manufacture of systems and equipment and impact the success of the company. The company appreciates your effort and results. Please send your resume to us for details!
Sterling St. James LLC