The Human Resources Administrator provides high-level administrative support as a member of the Human Resources team. Functional support areas may include talent acquisition, HR operations (payroll, HRIS, recordkeeping, analytics), benefits, employee relations and engagement; HR compliance (policies, procedures, laws, regulations); training and development; and/or other areas as assigned. May serve as a subject matter expert regarding current HR procedures for assigned functional areas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently demonstrates commitment and support for the Sterling Vision and Mission, policies, and procedures.
- Pursues Continuous Improvement activities to ensure efficiency and effectiveness within area of responsibility.
- Assumes other responsibilities and complete tasks as assigned to meet the on-going needs of the organization.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and integrity at all times.
- If multiple incumbents, individual responsibilities will consist of a combination from the list below.
HR Operations, Recordkeeping & Compliance
- Contributes to efficient employee electronic and paper forms and records management, including employee change forms and personnel and medical files.
- Maintain HRIS and paper filing systems by ensuring that files and records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements and Company policies and procedures.
- May perform HRIS data entry and personnel file maintenance on a daily basis.
- Administers the department's bulletin board poster program to ensure all required postings are properly displayed in accordance with Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
Talent Acquisition, Talent Management & Performance Management
- Supports day-to-day recruiting, on-boarding and other talent acquisition activities.
- Administers new hire offer letter and correspondence based on position and candidate approval documents. Provides new hire paperwork to HR Operations for input into the HRIS.
- Administers the new hire background check and I-9 processes in coordination with external vendors and in accordance with company policies and procedures. Brings exceptions to the attention of HR managers for final decision.
- Participates in conducting new employee orientation sessions. Maintains new employee orientation (NEO) kits.
Talent Management & Performance Management
- Provides administrative and logistical support to HR and company training programs and initiatives, including ESL (English as a Second language) training.
- Assists in deploying core annual HR initiatives; e.g., performance review process, policy acknowledgment process)
Payroll & Benefits
- Assists the Payroll Manager as needed to prepare and transmit accurate and timely weekly payrolls, payroll tax filings, and related reports. Also assists in related recordkeeping.
- Under the direction of the Benefits Manager, supports benefit plan administration for company-sponsored benefits programs and processes, including annual open enrollment, new hire enrollment, and employee life events.
- Helps maintain all medical record information and ensures that HIPAA and Employee Privacy guidelines are closely monitored and effectively executed.
- Supports employee off-boarding processes.
Drug Testing Administration
- Administers drug testing procedures for new employees. Supports and functions as a subject matter expert for the company's random, reasonable suspicion and post-accident drug testing for employees at various locations, including field employees.
- Maintains relationships with the company's drug testing vendors and works to continuously improve processes and procedures.
- Recommends new approaches to improve efficiencies through automation and other methods. Applies a process improvement approach to continuously improve document workflow and assists in implementing improvements.
- Collects and distributes daily HR department mail, filing and supply orders. Administers temporary employment and drug testing invoicing.
- Serves as an effective resource for employees and managers regarding human resources procedures.
- Provides excellent customer service to all external and internal customers and maintains a good working relationship with job candidates, current employees and external HR stakeholders.
- May coordinate or assist with company meetings, charitable campaigns, employee engagement events and activities.
- Assists in the execution of HR department goals. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists with various research and/or special projects.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as required in support of the Human Resources team.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree, Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources-related field a definite plus.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a human resources administrative support role.
- Experience with HRIS and/or Payroll Systems. ADP preferred.
Sterling Site Access Solutions is a EEO/AAP employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.Job Requirements
- Assist with all payroll queries
- Ensure all payroll information is
- Ensure all administration around employee medicals
- Assisting with administration associated with the recruitment process
- Assist in the recruitment process
- Resolve employee payroll and benefit inquiries
- Manage employee payroll and time
- Prepare leaver information including liaison with payroll
- Maintain various human resources, employment and benefits related files
- Processing all employee new hire paperwork
- Maintain accurate and current employee payroll and benefits data
- Process payroll documentation and liaise with payroll department
- Support the Recruitment team with general recruitment administration
- Collating information for employee liability claims
- Resolve employee payroll concerns, and help payroll dept
- Communicate company human resources policies and procedures
- Maintain employee confidentiality with all employee information/files
- Maintain records for use in employee benefits administration
- Assisting with new employee orientation
- Perform various payroll audits to ensure payroll is