Sterling Personnel is recruiting for a Certified Medical Assistant for our client in El Paso, TX. The Certified Medical Assistant will perform a variety of patient care activities to assist physicians and nursing personnel, including administering injections, EKG's, phlebotomy and various other procedures. Will deliver quality customer service and maintain established quality control standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform all duties within the scope of a Certified Medical Assistant (procedures, injections, EKGs, phlebotomy).
- Room patients according to company standards.
- Record patient care documentation in the medical record accurately and in a timely manner.
- Coordinate patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies.
- Process appropriate documents in an organized and accurate fashion.
- Respect patient confidentiality at all times.
- Organize exam and treatment rooms, stocks and cleans rooms and sterilizes instruments.
- Maintain certifications (MA and CPR) and quality control standards.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- High school graduate or GED equivalent required
- Current, nationally recognized Medical Assistant certification or registration
- Current CPR certification
- Basic computer literacy required
- Knowledge of medical terminology required
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations required
- Good communication and customer service skills required
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills:
- At least one year of experience as a Medical Assistant
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- More than one year of related experience in a medical setting preferred
- Bilingual is a plus
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving