Sterling Personnel, Inc. is recruiting for a CDL Driver for our client in Corpus Christi, TX.
The CDL Driver will be responsible for delivering items in the Coastal Bend area in a safe and timely manner.
- Properly conducts a pre and post trip inspection, notating any vehicle defects. Abides by the DOT hours of service rules and regulations for their license type
- Accurately delivers invoiced products by bottle, case, pallet or hand-stack from the delivery truck, and placing said merchandise into customer account
- Verifies receipt of correct order with the customer by checking product type and size against the provided invoice, obtaining customer signature and payment if necessary, for goods received
- Ensures physical security of truck at all times
- Delivers to approximately 19 accounts daily. May deliver up to 30 accounts during times of increased account activity
- Provides feedback to transportation management in terms of route changes or route concerns
- May utilize a smartphone for interaction with hours of service (HOS) software and/or driver monitoring programs
- Preferably two years of delivery experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds, and will occasionally lift up to 100 pounds
- Requires a current Class A or B CDL Driver's License
- Must be able to meet company vehicle insurance requirements
- Must be able to obtain valid DOT medical certification card and file appropriately with state Motor Vehicle Department