Sterling Personnel is recruiting for an experienced Administrative Assistant for our client in Corpus Christi, TX. The Administrative Assistant is the first impression for this organization, so applicants must have a professional attitude, a courteous approach, and offer excellent customer service.
I.Job Responsibilities/Duties/Functions/Tasks: (List of responsibilities and essential duties, etc.)
- Answer multi-line phone system daily, take messages and distribute calls to proper staff member.
- Greet visitors to office.
- Process a high volume of emails daily.
- Manage information through company database.
- Review documents for proper processing.
- Screen applicant paperwork and make sure it was filled out correctly and be sure all documents are signed.
- Manage all scanning and electronic filing for paper documents.
- Let staff know when their appointments have arrived.
- Verify I9 documentation, copy certificates/licenses/degrees, etc. & input necessary information info company database.
- Maintain daily office forms and supplies.
- Call vendors for service, when needed.
- Sign for deliveries.
- Take mail to post office as needed.
- Prepare conference room for meetings.
- Distribute faxes as they come in.
- Buy Office Supplies.
II.Job Competencies: (List of skills, knowledge and abilities ex. communication, organizational skills, etc.)
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
III.Work Requirements: (physical demands, or other requirements for the job)
- This position will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers and may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- Experience dealing with confidential information.
- General knowledge of HR and payroll processing.
IV.Work Environment: (working conditions office, outside, etc.)
- This position is working primarily indoors with a moderate noise level.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.