Sterling is partnered with a distributor of fasteners and assembly hardware in Fort Worth (close to 121/820) in search of a Sales and Purchasing Support candidate. This is an Entry level position; no prior quoting or expediting experience necessary. Previous experience in a Purchasing department or corresponding with vendors/suppliers is a plus.
Main duties include:
- Contact suppliers for status of open purchase orders and expedite as needed; timely notification to account managers of any issues with suppliers not being able to meet their quoted due dates
- Contact suppliers for price quotes (RFQ’s) as directed by account managers via phone, email or fax
- Complete and return RFQ’s to account managers within timeframe allotted
- Follow up with suppliers on outstanding RFQ’s in order to meet deadlines
Must have the following:
- Excellent computer skills including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Good written and oral communications (including a clear speaking voice) as, again, all work is done via phone, email or fax
- Be detail-oriented – will be working with part numbers that are extremely similar and price quotes that need to be exact.
- Good math skills
- The ability to multi-task – may have to work several RFQ’s with numerous suppliers at the same time while also expediting supplier purchase orders
- The ability to meet deadlines
- The ability to shift priorities – it is not unusual for an RFQ to be elevated to an urgent status based on our customer’s needs (should have a sense of urgency)
- Good vision either with or without corrective lenses (this is per one of our customer’s quality requirements)
- Dependable transportation
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm (MUST BE FLEXIBLE to work weekends and/or stay late as needed)
Apply ASAP for immediate consideration!
Application Hours: 8:30am - 10:30am OR 1:30pm - 3:00pm (M-F)
1112 E. Copeland Road #120 Arlington, TX 76011
Don't forget identification for the I-9 form.
Call 817-545-1595 with any questions.