As a Commercial Bank Treasury Management Sales Officer, (TMSO),
you will focus primarily on generating new business from prospective clients
with your assigned Commercial Teams, in addition to growing the existing
revenue base from existing clients in Sterling Banks Commercial (Clients with
$20 to 500Million in revenue) market. You will work closely with bankers
to ensure proper alignment of strategies and credit capacity for all Treasury
Job Responsibilities/Key Activities/Elements:
1. Work in partnership with Commercial bankers to developnew profitable business from prospective clients; developing strategic accountplans and executing them. Plan the upcoming year's growth through thedevelopment of a business plan in alignment with departmental budget andconsistent with overall Bank asset/liability management objectives.
2. Sell treasury management services to Commercialcustomers and prospects within a defined territory. Assists other less senior Treasury ManagementSales Officers in their sales efforts
3. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitor's productsand pricing in the market. Analyzes the cash position/flow and proposesappropriate services. Maintains an awareness of trends and new developments inthe field of treasury management through attendance at trade shows and relatedseminars
4. Prepare and present sales proposals. Responsible forreviewing monthly Account Analysis Statements in a timely manner to ensurenewly implemented services are being properly charged. Actively communicatesand coordinates sales strategy with Senior and Executive Management withindefined territory.
5. Perform timely follow-up concerning newly implementedtreasury management services to ensure customer is satisfied and/or carefullyunderstands the mechanics of the service. Assist in coordinating the resolutionof operational problems reported by customers in a timely manner.
6. Assists Line Partners in understanding treasurymanagement product risk and ensuring Sterling National Bank's credit policiesare applied throughout the sales cycle. Also, conduct training session toassigned Line Partners.
7. Receive new product and product enhancementinformation/ training from Treasury Management's product staff. Maintains andupdates the bank's CRM system regarding sales calls, pipelines, closed sales,etc. to enable the generation of monthly activity reports to track sales andrevenue growth by market segment.
8. Ensurecompliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
1. Forthis position, you must have at least 7 years of experience in TreasuryManagement Sales
2. Possesses knowledge andunderstanding of Treasury Services products, credit process, overdraftmanagement discipline, and pricing philosophy
3. Strong working relationships withclients and colleagues
4. Ability to generate ideas,identify and drive the development of new business
5. Demonstrates excellent/strongselling and negotiation skills
6. Demonstrates excellent/strongverbal and written communication skills
7. Possesses strong industry/marketexpertise
8. Demonstrates strong timemanagement, organizational and planning skills
9. Possesses strategic thinkingskills
10. Has the ability to mobilizeinternal and external networks and resources
11. Has the ability to use various PCand Internet-based systems to manage their business portfolio
12. Demonstrates cultural sensitivityand awareness
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED EDUCATION &SKILLS
1. Candidateswith advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor's, and/or Master's) preferred, yeta High School diploma or GED is required.Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or elseextensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
2. CTPcertification Preferred
Job: Treasury Management
Organization: Verticals & Support
Title: Treasury Management Sales Officer III
Requisition ID: 190000DW
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sterling National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, disability or other protected status.