- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (Coast Guard - San Juan, Puerto Rico) to join our team! RN shall provide and administer delineated medical services to all Active Duty beneficiaries within the capabilities normally granted to a Registered Nurse in an outpatient clinical setting.
- Monday - Friday 7:30 AM TO 4:30 PM
Compensation and benefits: $30.64/hr.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K w/match% - * provided by Sterling Medical with employee enrollment*
- 56 hours Sick time
- 3 weeks of PTO Vacation
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Competitive Bi-Weekly pay - based on 40 hr. work weeks
Qualification: The provider of Nursing services shall possess and maintain for the duration of this agreement:
- A diploma or degree from a National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) accredited school of Nursing
- A current unrestricted license to practice Registered nursing in assigned practice State.
- Maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) for the Health Care Provider by the American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC), American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI), or the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP).
- A minimum of two (2) years of professional experience in the field in the past 3 years; with at least one year of ambulatory care experience in family practice or internal medicine in the past 5 years.
- "No adverse information on file" with the National Practitioners Data Band (NPDB).
Duties and tasks
The Contractor shall perform a fll range of professional nursing services and practices on site, using government furnished facilities, equipment and supplies to a variety of patients. All aspects of Nursing Services shall be commensurate with the capabilities and licensure of the provider and the Medical Department including but not limited to the expectations listed below; and in the other areas of the PWS.
A. Assesses patient's needs for nursing care, plans for nursing interventions, assess the effectiveness of the interventions and alters the nursing plan and interventions appropriately.
B. Provides patient education, disease management assistance and ongoing monitoring as directed by the Primary Care Manager.
C. Provide nursing triage to acute issues in addition to regular scheduled appointments, with immediate evaluation and management of emergent problems as they occur.
D. Administers oxygen, IV fluids, and prescribed oral, subcutaneous and intra-muscular medication in accordance with provider orders and regulations.
E. Prepares patients for surgical and or diagnostic procedures.
F. Prepares, operates, and monitors specialized equipment such as cardiac monitors, defibrillators, etc.
G. Inventories medicine and drug stocks to ensure adequate supplies and controls.
H. Participates in training to clinic staff; Provides instruction on an ad hoc basis.
I. Participates in the Health Services Quality Improvement Program, as directed by the Clinic Administrator.
J. Prepare and submit appropriate documentation as specified in applicable regulations.
K. Provide coordination of care between civilian, DOD and CG facilities in accordance with standards of practice established at the clinic for referral management.
L. Communicates and coordinates with HSWL-SC Operational Medicine Nurse Consultant regarding complex care oversight.
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Sterling Medical Corp
AddressSan Juan, PR
HealthcareView all jobs at Sterling Medical Corp
Get fresh Commonwealth Home Health Care jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.