Sterling Medical is seeking an Adolescent Support & Counseling Service Counselor (ASACS) / Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LSCW) to provide services at one of our U.S. Military Installations, Royal Air Force Lakenheath in England!
- Great Rates
- PTO & Benefits
- Relocation & Logistical Support
Points of Note:
- RAF Lakenheath stands as the largest U.S. Air Force-operated base in England with amazing historical sites and skylines.
- Easy Weekend travel to France, Spain, Paris, Germany
- Lakenheath is about 1 hour and 20 minutes from London by train. As the largest city in the United Kingdom with four World Heritage Sites including the Tower of London, Kew Gardens, Westminster Abbey, and St. Margaret’s Church, London alone has a plethora to offer. Other major landmarks to be explored include Buckingham Palace, the London Eye, Piccadilly Circus, St. Paul’s Cathedral, Tower Bridge, Trafalgar Square, and The Shard. Beyond these must see features of the city, London hosts many diverse annual events such as the New Year’s Day Parade; fireworks at the London Eye; and the world’s second largest street party, Notting Hill Carnival.
Instead of following a "medical-model" ASACS Counselors are placed into the Department of Defense schools on base where they can have insight on the day to day happenings, trends, and concerns of the high risk adolescent population. The ASACS program includes a comprehensive program for prevention, education, identification and referral and treatment.
The counselor shall provide the following:
1) Prevention: Proactive prevention measures designed to increase the development of general life skills, promote resiliency, reduce the incidence of mental health disorders, and adolescent substance abuse. These services also provide information to the adolescent and family about community trends and risks, local substance abuse laws, and community activities/services.
2) Counseling: Counseling services based on the best practice elements identified by the latest research to be effective in adolescent counseling. Counseling shall include a comprehensive assessment, individualized service plan, individual and/or group counseling, and/or family counseling. Individualized service plans shall address the needs identified in the assessment with goals and methods and techniques developed to meet each unique need. School-based support counseling is outpatient counseling and includes a multidimensional needs assessment using professionally established criteria. Individual, group, and/or family counseling sessions or a combination of these modalities shall be provided based on client need.
3) Referrals: Referrals to the Medical Command (MEDCOM) or nearest Medical Treatment Facility (MTF) for clients needing more intensive services or a higher level care [i.e., psychiatric evaluations, medication assessment/monitoring, partial hospitalization, in-patient hospitalization, detox, etc).
Education: Master’s in Social Work from an CACREP accredited institution
License: LCSW - Active in any state
Certification: Active Drug or Alcohol Certification- We can help get you certified if you are not certified yet.
Experience: Two (2) years of supervised post graduate counseling experience working with an adolescent population
Hours: M-F Day Hours (8 hours/day)