Outstanding opportunity for Clinical Psychologist in support of an outpatient Behavioral Health department at Ft. Bliss
Daytime Hours, Monday thru Friday
Some flex scheduling necessary during busy periods. This may require additional coverage:
-before a normal 8-hour shift or after a normal 8-hour shift;
-for occasional Saturday coverage and very rare Sunday coverage
Attractive Compensation and Benefits Package, including 15 PTO days, 10 paid Federal Holidays, M,D,V insurance, 401k and FHSA’s
1. Shall have a Doctorate in clinical psychology from an American Psychological Association (APA) accredited program and must have completed an APA approved clinical psychology internship. (A PhD in counseling psychology might qualify if degree is from a psychology department.)
2. Shall have and maintain a valid unrestricted license in one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
3. A minimum of two years experience within the past three years in the practice of clinical psychology, preferably in a Government setting such as a at DoD or VA facility providing clinical services to individuals, couples or groups in clinical psychotherapy services. Must have sufficient training and experience to effectively provide Licensed Clinical Psychologist services to service members and family members.
- - Meet with service members who score Moderate or High on the Behavioral Health screening tool to determine if the Service member is able to return from active duty to his/her home of record with a referral for continued services at home or need to stay at station for continued counseling and/or treatment.
- - Maintain documentation of all treatment provided in accordance with Army directives and prepare such records and reports as may be required by Army policy.
- - Arrange for referral or consults by following DoD, Army and facility regulations and policies.
- - May possibly serve in an advisory and teaching capacity during work hours.
- - May also be asked to provide individual psychotherapy, commander directed evaluations, written and verbal notifications to military units on personnel status, psychological assessment interpretations, and reports, in compliance with JC standards.
- - May also provide professional services to Mental Health service members.
For additional information, please forward CV to:
Tom Thaman; Account Manager –Sterling Medical
fax: 513-984-4909; Attn: Tom