Quality Inspector - Alorton, IL
The Quality Inspector role involves day-to-day product and process audits that monitors production activities and generates performance data in a manufacturing facility. This also includes visual inspections, collecting, building and maintaining records/documentations while rotating through the facility to build broad product knowledge and ensuring quality standards are maintained.
This position is on our 1st Shift
Monday through Thursday 6am to 4:30pm with overtime on Friday's and as needed
Key Job Elements:
• Process non-conforming material in production departments
• Conduct product audits/inspections on major sub-assemblies and final products during and after production has completed their operations to see if the unit meets specifications and needs of fitness for use
• Conduct in-process monitoring while product is being assembled and recording the associated defect data
• Assist in monitoring special projects
• Provide audit coverage and complete audit summaries for review with Quality Supervisor and distribution
• Complete documentation requirements; e.g. Change Control, Height Sheets, Weights, Unit Folders, Inspection Records
• Act as a resource for problem–solving within departments
• Perform Quality System audits
• Maintain weld and crimp monitoring and sampling program
• Obtain all necessary documentation required to do in-process monitoring and audit functions; e. g inspection plans, routings, prints, customer contracts, etc.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
Qualifications & Experience:
• Prior significant Quality Inspection experience; preferred manufacturing
• Ability to read engineering drawing
• Specific knowledge in core manufacturing process: areas: welding, mechanical, electrical, paint
• Ability to look up, read, understand, and interpret assembly instructions, prints, drawings or other documentation
• Interpret measurements, read measuring devices like gauges, calipers, etc.
• Make mathematical calculations
• Computer proficiency with MS Office applications to enter, manipulate, and graph data
• Collaborate and interact effectively with a variety of other team members – assemblers, engineers, managers
• Adaptability to move confidently from one task to another in a positive manner
• Problem-solving abilities; identifying process problems and non-conformances
• Strong teamwork and verbal communication skills; able to point out errors in a constructive manner
• Demonstrate initiative and work ethic to work unsupervised and initiate action when required
• Continuous improvement-minded
• Possible domestic or international travel <5%
Sterling EngineeringSterling Engineering provides high-quality technical recruitment, information technology solutions, and engineering project services to hundreds of clients throughout the Chicago and Milwaukee regions. Sterling Engineering is known for an exceptional ability to deliver: Technical Engineering - With over a 40 year singular focus on technical, engineering and technician disciplines has given Sterling the in-depth knowledge, industry expertise and robust employee pipeline it takes to rapidly deliver ideal candidates for even the most difficult-to-fill requirements. Sterling’s extensive recruitment methodology allows us to engage the most talented employees in the marketplace. Information Technology Services - Our team, bringing with them over 35 years of IT talent acquisition expertise and specializing in the Microsoft Technology Stack, has established a track record of consistency and success placing seasoned professionals in applications development, infrastructure engineering, and project management. Engineering Project Services - Managed engineering teams consisting of multi-disciplined professionals that will support your project from the initial concept phase through the implementation phase. Our engineering teams – consisting of multi-disciplined engineers, designers and detailers – are experts at supporting projects from initial concept through implementation phase.