Operations Manager(Production Manager)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Operations Manager
Location: Lincolnshire, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire - $105-$120k depending on experience.
The Operation Manager is responsible for the day-to-day manufacturing & assembly operations in a clean room environment while supporting cross functionally with engineering, planning, quality, warehouse and S/R to meet or exceed KPIs including Safety, Quality, OTD, Costs and Inventory controls. The incumbent will possess the attributes of strong managerial and interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize tasks, and good work ethic, and promotes culture. The Operation Manager is responsible for leading and directing the work of supervisors, group leads, trainers and DL members.
· Ensure safe working conditions in threat and harassment free environment.
· Ensure Supply meets or exceeds Demand at standard for Quality Delivery and Cost.
· Troubleshoot problems throughout all steps of the Production process: understand processes, systems, equipment, and techniques necessary for optimum production quality and efficiency; become proficient with production methods; evaluate production metrics; identify problem areas (waste, inefficiencies, etc.); work with others to develop solutions; communicate and implement solutions.
· Accomplish staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies and procedures
· Work with other departments to improve profitability of the corporation, also looking for ways to improve Gross Margin.
· Develop and execute plan on cross-training, backup and level progression (depth and across based on P/Ns)
· Help recruit, select, orient, and train Production employees; communicate hiring needs and provide feedback to HR on interviewees and their potential placements
· Facilitate a spirit of cooperation within and between departments
· Work with production planner to schedule workflow and assign personnel to tasks
· Provide manufacturing efficiencies and scrap information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests
· Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment and resources
· Resolve personnel problems by analyzing data (e.g., weekly efficiency data, monthly utilization reports, planning percentage reports), investigating issues, identifying solutions, recommending action, and following through with performance management steps
· Monitor bonus and progressive discipline programs
· Ensure that all ISO, policy, and safety standards are adhered to throughout the facility
· Aid in implementation of programs to institutionalize strong corporate culture and accomplish ad hoc tasks
· Communicate effectively with employees and Management. Demonstrates all of the corporate values
o We have an engaged culture
o We embrace the rigor to be safety and quality driven in all we do
o We embrace the choice to work here
o We operate with transparency, ethics, and integrity
o We consistently meet our expectations
· Management capabilities: prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment (experience with LEAN manufacturing practices desired); able to be firm and hold people accountable; excellent clear communication skills; able to motivate supervisees and peers
· Strategic thinking: ability to establish priorities, processes, and standards. A decisive individual who possesses a “big picture” perspective
· Problem Solving: proactive in identifying potential problems or opportunities to increase productivity and quality, decrease waste and improve morale
· Attitudes: must be motivated, have a positive attitude, be trustworthy and demonstrate a good work ethic.
· Works well under pressure and operates effectively in a fast-paced team environment across all shifts.
· Demonstrates excellent communication skills and can bring together different personalities around common goals; excellent at listening, identifying root causes of concerns and mediating differences.
· Able to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks; a passion for managing projects to conclusion on time; must be highly self-motivated and able to operate autonomously or on a team in a dynamic environment.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Power BI and IQMS experience preferred.
· Strong fit with the Company’s culture and unwavering commitment to customer (internal/external)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information
ManufacturingView all jobs at Sterling Engineering
Get fresh Product Operations jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.