Sterling Engineering currently has an excellent Mechanical Engineer opportunity available with a premier client located in Chicago, IL (Rogers Park area). This opportunity will be a 3 month contract / interim role with potential to convert to full time.
If you have an interest in this opportunity, please contact Ashley Conley with your most up to date resume and availability to discuss next steps. Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org / 630-359-2143
***MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING ON CONSTRUCTION AND/OR FACILITIES PROJECTS***
Relevant Work Experience:
Experience related to building design & construction projects, plant rearrangement/remodel projects, mechanical systems.
Perform engineering and project engineering tasks on large and small facilities/mechanical engineering projects as assigned by the Manager - Facilities Engineering & Maintenance. Activities are typically related to construction of a new building, process, or manufacturing operation at the company's Chicago Headquarters.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preparing calculations associated with building modeling, building loads, flow, equipment, heat transfer, prime mover, pressure drop sizing.
- Preparing drawings and engineering/construction documents as required.
- Commissioning, testing, troubleshooting systems such as; HVAC, chiller, steam/hot water boiler, compressed air, fire sprinkler, domestic water, plumbing and sewer, process equipment, and otherwise utility infrastructure
- Working with building automation system or PLCs
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Excellent communication, basic bookkeeping/project accounting skills, ability to review, interpret and effectively comment on drawings as required to accurately communicate desired construction to contractors
- Computer proficiency in Windows, Word, Excel, Oracle; literacy in Microstation or AutoCad and mechanical design
- Ability to prepare and control construction documents such as estimates, schedules and change notices