Manufacturing Process Engineer
Sterling Engineering Stuarts Draft, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Assess safety requirements and ensure these are integrated into the process.
- Define process parameters and subsequent standard work that ensures a capable & cost-effective resulting product (includes material & environmental needs)
- Conducting necessary technical reviews and approvals (e.g. Engineering Change Notices/ECN’s)
- Creating & maintain records & related files; includes creation, review, and approval of all technical documents such as manufacturing drawings, internal technical specifications, process specifications.
- Establish performance indicators (KPI’s) applicable to production line.
- Reduce potential for injury through safety guarding, safety reviews, and ergonomic considerations.
- Identify and execute cost reduction activities by implementing new and improved processes and equipment/ technologies.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency (OEE) by analyzing production data; assist in improving planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Work with maintenance production associates to determine root cause of production issues; develop means to reduce or eliminate root causes.
- Maintain product and process databases (MI)
- Maintain process improvement plans by collecting/analyzing data (MI/KPI’s) to identify actions.
- Participate actively as part of the issue escalation process; assist maintenance & production associates in troubleshooting machine failures.
- Provide training and mentoring to broaden maintenance & production associate’s skills.
- Reduce machine downtime through assisting in the proper implementation of TPM techniques.
- Provide periodic status updates on projects to management, project stakeholders, and production teams. This includes meetings, e-mail, teleconference, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Interact with internal support groups (Facilities, IT, Lab, NPC, etc.) and external suppliers (machine shops, equipment suppliers) in the execution of projects.
- Interact with machine operators, mechanics and other production associates to collaborate on production improvement opportunities and activities.
- Manage process change projects through the Change Control (CC) process. Work closely with Quality Engineers to ensure products meet established quality standards, and processes meet established regulatory requirements (FDA, ISO, OSHA)
- Manage small capital projects to purchase custom as well as commercially available equipment from a variety of supplier.
- Understanding of 6M’s that drive process understanding; Man, Machine (including tooling, controls, vision, etc.), Method, Materials, Measurement, Mother-Nature
- Lean/Six Sigma knowledge; Standard Work techniques & SMED experience is highly desirable.
- Web/film handling or converting operational expertise is desired.
- Film and polymer heat sealing technology background
- Familiarity with FDA & ISO regulations
- CAD Skills, utilization of 2D & 3D modeling software with ability to create drawings is desired
- Understanding of Industrial Controls and relevant software regarding Machine Controls and Process Performance Tracking systems
- Experience with electro-mechanical equipment utilizing robotics, pneumatics, motion controls and sensors including optical vision systems.
- Basic PLC program understanding with programming experience being a plus.
- Ability to communicate and model coaching skills and other team-based behaviors.
- Ability to work independently, resolve technical and manufacturing issues without detailed direction, and work as part of a team.
- Vision system knowledge/training (COGNEX)
- Robotics programming knowledge/training (FANUC)
- Professional Engineer License (P.E.)
- Certified Professional Engineer (CPE)
- Six Sigma qualifications
- Project Management Professional
- OSHA 10/30 Certified.
AddressStuarts Draft, VA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Sterling Engineering