Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift
- Posted: over a month ago
Title: Maintenance Technician- 2nd Shift
Location: Wayland, MI
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Perform equipment modifications and rebuilds.
- Perform routine maintenance welding and minor fabrication.
- Perform general building maintenance.
- Responsible for ensuring equipment is properly maintained in order to manufacture a safe, legal, and quality product.
- Ensure that work areas are clean that Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) are fully complied with.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must demonstrate good communication skills and be able to understand and interpret equipment training manuals and drawings.
- Must possess a solid mechanical aptitude combined with technical training and/or the equivalent in manufacturing experience (preferably in food manufacturing).
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of electrical distribution and control circuits.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of PLC theory and programming.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds unassisted; periodically lift up to 100 lbs.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information
Real EstateView all jobs at Sterling Engineering