- Expired: August 25, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are large supplier of various foods with multiple locations across the country. Our facility in Wisconsin is a maker of frozen vegetables along with other prepped meals. Our facility is about a million square feet and operates 24/5.
We are seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to assist in overseeing the 2nd shift operations. This is a more "hands-off" position where we will need more focus and attention to some of the following: ownership of the plant's PM/PdM activities; leadership of equipment performance tracking and repair/improvement prioritization; technical guidance and coaching of mechanical craftsmen; and engineering support of maintenance and capital projects.
- Plan and schedule work force efficiently for utilization of employees.
- Monitor downtime occurrences to maintain consistent operations.
- Monitor the efficiencies of the production lines, paying special attention for maintenance and mechanical trends.
- Train, motivate and direct employees to adhere to safe work methods and standard procedures to ensure efficient utilization of employees.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with USDA officials
- Purchase of supplies and repair parts with regard to quality
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required, Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Mechanical engineering or other technical degree program preferred
- 3-5 years of previous maintenance experience preferred
- Prefer experience within a food manufacturer
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blue prints, schematics, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Sterling Engineering, Inc.
Real EstateView all jobs at Sterling Engineering, Inc.