IT Support Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: IT Support Specialist
Location: Itasca, IL
Target Starting Pay: $55,000-$65,000/year
Hire Type: Contract-to-Hire (Permanent)
The IT Support Specialist (ITSS) is responsible for providing end user support on a daily basis and ongoing support for IT projects. Daily, the ITSS will prioritize incoming requests from end users and manage them to completion. The ITSS will also support various IT projects related to hardware upgrades or software implementations required by Flexan. The ITSS will report to the Director, Infrastructure Services & Cybersecurity and work closely with both internal and external resources.
- Work closely with the Sentinel NOC, the Sentinel Help Desk, and the ILC infrastructure team on IT service requests and projects related to the onsite systems and networking at Lincolnshire and Chicago.
- Setup computers/laptops for team members.
- Install, configure, and support computer hardware and software systems.
- Support internal customers with technology related issues.
- The ITSS will analyze the issue, determine the root cause, solve the problem, and explain the resolution to the customer.
- Update service requests in the Jira portal. This includes following up on open tickets and closing tickets that have been completed.
- Support IT projects involving new hardware or software.
- Collaborate with internal and external IT resources.
- Develop training documentation for end users (procedures) and for IT resources (technical documentation).
- Proactively seek ways to maximize computer systems capabilities by studying technical applications and making recommendations.
- Gather data to identify and evaluate technical purchasing options.
- Support and manage the Azure cloud environment.
- Manage software subscriptions including Office365, Adobe, Minitab, and Solidworks.
- Stays current on new technologies by attending educational webinars, reviewing technical publications, or participating in networking groups.
- BS degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field
- Prior experience working on a Helpdesk, in IT, or a similar technical function
- Experience in a similar support role.
- Experience setting up laptops for delivery to end users.
- Strong understanding of networking principles and operating systems.
- Outstanding customer service skills, delivering a high quality of service to end users.
- Ability to communicate in a professional and courteous manner with end users. This includes excellent listening skills when working with internal customers as well as excellent verbal skills when explaining technical issues to a non-technical team member.
- Prioritize effectively and execute quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to wear many hats including help desk support, computer management, network management, application development, and various IT projects that arise.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information
• Engineering & Technical Recruitment - With our focus on engineering, technical, and IT, Sterling has the in-depth knowledge, industry expertise, and robust employee pipeline it takes to rapidly find talent for even the most difficult to fill positions. Sterling’s extensive recruitment methodology allows us to engage the most talented employees in the marketplace. We offer exciting work and career-building opportunities for our candidates, along with expert support at every step of the process.
• Engineering Project Services – Our experienced, multi-disciplined team of project managers, engineers, and designers, led by licensed Professional Engineers (PE), provide project management, engineering, design, and Commissioning, Qualification, and Validation (CQV) to manufacturing, OEM, and R&D customers. We work on complex, highly technical projects across a number of industry sectors, and our ability to scale and seamlessly integrate at multiple levels of your organization is what differentiates us.
Sterling offers a unique combination of engineering solutions and Best of Staffing level service to help our clients and talent achieve their goals.
TechnologyView all jobs at Sterling Engineering
Get fresh Title Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.