Sterling Engineering, Inc is assisting the Premier Client in finding 3 Fabrication Supervisors. These are Direct hire, 2nd shift positions located in the North Side of Chicago, IL.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing and implementing processes to continue transformation and adoption of Lean Manufacturing concepts in order to effectively meet all department goals
- Determining needs and scheduling employee work assignments to meet department goals.
- Developing and implementing processes to improve quality, delivery, productivity, and assure safe performance of all functions in the department through the use of KPI boards
- Coaching and counseling direct reports and participating in establishing appropriate development plans
- Anticipating, investigating, and resolving departmental problems and conflicts.
- Promoting safety awareness and housekeeping, and investigating and reporting on safety incidents.
- Contributing input and monitoring departmental budgets.
- Writing and conducting employee reviews.
- Initiating decisions regarding hires, promotions, corrective actions, and terminations.
- Identifying individual training and skill development criteria to meet departmental/divisional needs.
- Utilizing strong project management techniques involving major capital initiatives.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Associate’s degree in a technical or related field.
- Leadership or supervision experience.
- Technical aptitude and knowledge of metal fabrication, machining, and finishing processes and equipment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, e.g. 4-Step Problem Solving process.
- Proven team building and change management skills to coach, mentor, and empower team members throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to read blueprints and good PC skills.