Des Plaines, IL
- Posted: 19 hours ago
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Title: Customer Service Specialist
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Hire Type: Long Term Contract - potential Contract to Hire
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
As a contract employee of Sterling, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
Provide a world-class experience for domestic and international distributor and OEM customers by performing Customer Service activities from order entry through shipping. Works directly with customers on requirements, pricing, and resolution of customer issues. Provides miscellaneous duties in support of the Customer Service function.Provide a world-class experience for domestic and international distributor and OEM customers by performing Customer Service activities from order entry through shipping. Works directly with customers on requirements, pricing, and resolution of customer issues. Provides miscellaneous duties in support of the Customer Service function.
- Receives orders via e-mail, online portal and provides prompt courteous response.
• Manages EDI order receipt and documentation daily.
• Enters customer orders, changes and generates standard and special invoices and weekly reports.
• Invoices and maintains tooling documentation files.
• Authorizes returns and approves customer debit memos as received.
• Enters return authorization and credits with customer (distributor or OEM) as needed.
• Assists small account sales via telephone and written correspondence.
• Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
• Processes return authorizations, product brochures, and general information as required.
• Coordinate effective ship date for customer with all areas of the organization.
• Maintains documentation and arranges shipments with freight forwarders.
- 3-5 years of experience within Customer Service
- Experience with an ERP system, JDE preferred
- Proficient with MS Office
- BA/BS degree highly preferred
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
AddressDes Plaines, IL
BusinessView all jobs at Sterling Engineering
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?