Sterling Engineering is assisting a Premier client in search of a Project Engineer for projects related with Facilities, structure, architecture and mechanical engineering.
This is a permanent full-time position with an 100 years old- global - employee owned - manufacturing company within the power and energy space located in the Rogers Park Neighborhood of Chicago. These projects will be related to construction of a new building, process, installing new machines (boilers, Chillers, HVAC) or manufacturing operation. You will be involved in administering and supervising design and construction projects, being involved in calculations, equipment selection, facility drawings, sketches/layouts and specifications. You will also be involved in estimating cost, schedules, purchase and coordinating with outside vendors. Mechanical Engineering Degree is a must and ideally experience with Structural and architectural and PE certification is ideal as well.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Preparing calculations associated with building modeling, building loads, flow, equipment, heat transfer, prime mover, pressure drop sizing.
· Preparing drawings and engineering/construction documents as required.
· Commissioning, testing, troubleshooting systems such as; HVAC, chiller, steam/hot water boiler, compressed air, fire sprinkler, domestic water, plumbing and sewer, process equipment, and otherwise utility infrastructure
· Working with building automation system or PLCs
· Budgeting & cost estimating for specific design packages
· Performing field survey work necessary to validate layouts/plans prior to, during and after construction and/or rearrangement
· Performing field survey work necessary to accurately transcribe existing building plans into CAD based drawings
· Travel may be required
· Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
· P.E. License and/or an advanced degree preferred
· Excellent communication, basic bookkeeping/project accounting skills, ability to review, interpret and effectively comment on drawings as required to accurately communicate desired construction to contractors
· Computer proficiency in Windows, Word, Excel, Oracle; literacy in MicroStation or AutoCad and mechanical design
· Ability to prepare and control construction documents such as estimates, schedules and change notices
· Ability to prepare P&IDs, flow diagrams, piping/duct physicals and isometrics, specifications and functional descriptions required
· Knowledgeable of ASHRAE, ASME, NFPA, IBC and Chicago building and