Sterling Engineering is assisting a premier client in search of a Mechanical Engineer. This is a permanent full-time position with an Automotive/Vehicle manufacturing company located in Elgin, IL. This position is going to focus on all the aspects of product development. You will be involved in design, development, integration, testing/validation, analysis, and you will interface with both the internal clients and the vendors. We are looking for someone with experience in designing and integrating entire system and not just component. Ideal candidate will have experience within heavy machine/equipment, automotive or locomotive, truck/tractor or related industry.
- Participate in team environment to develop complete machine concepts, parameters and designs for new and existing product re-designs.
- Uses mathematics, statistics, dynamics and other engineering analysis top ensure product design and function meets established parameters
- Plans and coordinates projects of varied scope, monitoring and taking acting to insure completion to schedule and within cost parameters
- Conducts feasibility studies and prepares preliminary cost estimates of designs and redesigns.
- Assists in generating detail specifications of complete systems and individual components of designs.
- Identifies and communicates with vendors to develop specifications for components and processes.
- Document appropriate changes through an Engineering Change Requests process by completing necessary paperwork and updated drawings..
- Perform product evaluations to determine if engineering standards and performance expectations are met.
- Defines requirements and assists operations, industrial/test engineering, and other personnel during design projects to achieve desired outcomes.
- Clearly communicates project scope, plans, design intent, project status, and risk assessments.
- Develops engineering specifications for materials or processes.
- Insures development of work instructions that convey design intent to the manufacturing process.
- Troubleshoot product systems and works directly with technicians and assemblers to resolve issues.
- Provide engineering support to Field Service to assist in resolving warranty and performance issues.
- Will include travel to the field and/ or trade shows.
- Flexibility to perform other duties and assignments, as required.
What is needed?
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Proficiency in Engineering principles, theories and concepts
- General Application of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques within field of specialization
- Proven project management skills to insure results in achieving targeted deliverables in product performance, cost and schedule.
- 5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment. Additional experience with electrical or electrification of vehicles is a strong preference.
- Good communications skills.