Perform full life cycle product development. Consult with all areas of the business and customers to identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems for both new and existing products. Support in-house manufacture and assembly for systems and components. Leverage SolidWorks design tools to create innovative high-quality products.
- Perform full life cycle product development including design, develop, source, build, test, manufacture, and implement
- Consult with management, production and marketing staff to determine product requirements
- Organize complex activities for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of engineering projects
- Solicit observations from production departments to improve processes, troubleshoot issues, drive down costs and improve overall designs.
- Maintain product development and engineering change detailed costs records
- Estimate budget and scope of new projects, quote custom solutions as required
- Conduct experiments methodically, analyze data and interpret results
- Evaluate final product’s overall performance, reliability and safety
- Create and review bill of materials, procedures, work instructions, workflows, design guides, manuals, technical literature, etc.
- Work with industry standards and agencies and ensure regulatory compliance
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers
- Develop and design leveraging SolidWorks 3D CAD to produce models and drawings
- Represent the company at trade shows
This work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job generally operates in a professional office environment. A portion of time is spent in a non-air conditioned manufacturing environment, with areas of moderate noise and heat. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to walk, sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 7:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
This position may require minimal travel on occasion to customers and trade shows (less than 5% travel)
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical Engineering.
Minimum 6 years of experience as an Engineer in a manufacturing environment
(CAD) SolidWorks and AutoCAD drawing software
Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite, basic office tools and equipment
Preferred Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Minimum 8-10 years of experience as an Engineer in a manufacturing environment
(CAD) SolidWorks and AutoCAD drawing software with PLM or PDM tools
Solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, dynamics, thermodynamics, materials science etc.
Strong knowledge of design and manufacturing practices for both sheet metal and standard CNC machining practices. Strong analytical capabilities. Experience communicating with internal and external customers, suppliers. Basic knowledge of product design and design for manufacturing principles. Technical writing skills.