SUMMARY: The Technicians are system experts in their assigned area, and are highly functional in multiple areas. The Technicians must also ensure efficiency, operational conformance, product quality and continuous improvement. Functions as a member of a maintenance area team which is directly responsible for the efficient maintenance of a group of assets to a baseline state. Effectively troubleshoot Operate/change over specified machinery in the assigned area. This job requires Strong Communication, Interpersonal and Team Building skills to support site objectives.
• Performs all assigned activities & job tasks within a line or area
• Ability to Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
• Takes corrective actions in solving problems to root cause level.
• Able to assess equipment operating reliability and perform routine repairs, adjustments and malfunction troubleshooting.
• Performs equipment PM's as assigned.
• Capable of troubleshooting, repairing and overhauling equipment within close tolerances.
• Perform routine electrical and mechanical problem-solving on process & packaging equipment.
• Perform Preventative Maintenance (PM's) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM) on Process & Packaging Equipment with minimal guidance.
• Understand and implement calibration on defined equipment within area ownership.
• Support Operations in equipment setup, changeover and training of operators in Autonomous Maintenance (AM) activities.
• Document Work Orders (WO) using Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP-PPM Plant Maintenance).
• Effectively communicate with Operators, Peers, Supervisors and all levels of management on a daily basis.
• Provide enthusiastic support where needed and complete other duties as assigned by Team Leader.
• Knowledge of how to maintain accurate records of QC checks, production numbers or waste performance. Able to interpret this data and use in troubleshooting. Able to perform this function if necessary.
• Knowledge of how to perform and interpret QC tasks such as metal checks, inspection of date codes, item numbers, dump logs, etc.
• High degree of ownership for product quality:
• Able to operate a forklift.
• Able to operate a computer and utilize the basic standard desktop systems (LSS, PSL, MIS, SQCIS, etc.).
• Understands principles of inventory control.
• Has knowledge of the plant's products and goals.
• Understands production schedules, production computer systems, work instructions
• Has general knowledge of the systems used by the business.
• Duties and tasks are frequently nonroutine. Resolves most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
• Self-Development: Ability to learn additional skills and develop in role with additional responsibilities.
• Conflict Management: Can handle tough situations and equitably resolve conflict with colleageues
• Dealing w/ Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change and comfortably handle risk & uncertainity
• Integrity & Trust: Is widely trusted by colleagues
Team Work Accountabilities
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, taking initiative with team along with other team members to train, motivate and solve problems.
• Demonstrated ability for communication, verbally and written, along with good listening and organizing skills.
• Participates in and supports the team with a "pro-team" attitude. Works well with others and has good team skills.
• Shows initiative in self and team development, is reliable, uses time wisely and is willing to accept change.
• Complete work under safe operating procedures.
• Provide input to any investigation for area of responsibility.
• Provide input as appropriate regarding safety.
• Ensure working conditions are Normal and enforce safety requirements.
• Provide input to project safety reviews (SSEPR) on systems in area. Implement Continuous Improvement
• Drive continuous improvement by developing and implementing systems that optimize all phases of the manufacturing process and support key business objectives (waste, labour, reliability, ATS, line capacity, etc.).
• Provide input to feasibility and change management requests.
• Resource to other sites and across areas. Equipment Maintenance and Sanitation
• Identify, report and help any potential product contamination issue.
• Maintains clean work environment including 5S adherence and follow through to ensure completion of action plans to address sources of contamination.
• Support role in cleaning and sanitation of area.
• Need to be familiar with motors, drives, pneumatics, electrical (AC), PLC knowledge would be helpful. Steady State/Changeover/Transition
• Responsible for supporting changeover (planning, execution, ramp up to standard rate).
• Responsible for insuring complete and current troubleshooting documentation on equipment within area of responsibility.
• Safely execute start-up and shutdown activities. Recognized expert for maintenance.
• Ability to troubleshoot routine and non-routine issues and be a resource towards achieving safe, timely, cost efficient solutions.
• Develop best practices for area and insure best practices are followed. • Lead or participate in continuous improvement efforts.
• Effective shift communications. Attends and participates in maintenance issues in shift overlaps, quality reviews, and daily meetings as required.
• Ability to complete root cause failure analysis on issues involving reliability, product/packaging defects, downtime and slow time.
• Effectively works and communicates with all departments (scheduling, engineering, R&D, IE, logistics, operations, etc.). Leadership Skills
• Make logical/timely decisions • Take initiative to be proactive with improvement teams • Takes initiative to ensure operator skills and provide guidance when necessary. Communication Skills • Good speaking, writing, and listening skills. • Shares information across teams and across managers • Relates well with associates at all levels • Can tactfully give and receive timely feedback to team members • Demonstrates good listening skills Interpersonal/Team Working Skills • Good interpersonal and team working skills at the technology, area and team level • Contributes constructively, share ideas and actively listen to ideas of others • Works well with all levels and with functional support groups • Displays appropriate assertiveness, emotions, and conflict management • Displays flexibility/adaptability, accepts all job assignments, O/T coverage, etc. • Work with minimal or no supervision • Support the leadership and experience of others • Receptive to receiving feedback from team leader, line managers, area managers Job Knowledge • Advanced mechanical and/or electrical aptitude • Able to operate all systems in area • Responsible for effectiveness of start-ups, transitions, and shutdowns • Demonstrates technical/analytical skills by effectively performing troubleshooting and repair/replace on modules of expertise
Schedule: 6:45 PM to 7:00am, 12 hour night shifts. Wed to Sat, then following week would be Thu to Sat. You work every other Wednesday, 80 hrs/2 weeks.
Contract until March 2020