This is a long-term contract to hire opportunity. Our Client is an Architecture and Construction Management Firm that has contracts with national fast-food restaurants and retail stores for their upcoming tenant improvement / remodel projects. They are looking for experienced architectural (building) Drafters / Surveyors to conduct field site surveys, measurements and collect data to create the as-built drawings using AutoCAD.
This is a fun and challenging the role that requires 50% travel and 50% working remote from home. Will require traveling out of town every other week by airplane or car. When traveling doing Site Surveys; you will be working long hours, most likely 8 -12 hours days, doing as-built drawings while working around the restaurant / retail customers. When not traveling, you will be working out of your home completing as-built packages to send back to the corporate office.
You will be working independently, and the goal is to complete 4-5 site surveys a week in the field. While on site you will want to put as much of the info in AutoCAD and/or Revit while the info is fresh.
A tool bag with tools will be provided. The position will require using laser measuring device and tape measures and other technologies to gather dimensions of existing buildings and create as-built drawings on site. Responsibilities include gathering data on building equipment using mobile apps and taking spherical photographs of the existing building and other site-related conditions. The candidate will also be responsible for creating as-built drawings including building, elevations, RCP, roof plan, site plan and creating construction plans utilizing survey data.
For long distance travel, you will be paid travel time paid as straight time and anything over 40 hours is paid as over time. All travel expenses flight, hotel, a rental car is paid by the client. You will also receive $50 per diem for food a day while traveling.
- 3-5 years of architectural retail, restaurant or commercial design/drafting experience
- Revit experience
- Experience of surveying of building a plus (will train the right candidate)
- Open to up to 1-year contract to hire – this role can lead to a direct hire role for the right candidate
- Must be able to travel by out of town every other week (50% travel) / work remote 50% work remotely from home
- Live near a major airport
- Able to work independently
- Clean driving record
- Able to handle a heavy volume of work in a fast paced environment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as they are essential for this position.