Sterling Engineering has a client that is currently in search of an Electrical Controls Engineer for a full time, permanent opportunity located in Romeoville, IL.
If you have an interest in this opportunity, please reply to this email with your most up to date resume and availability to discuss next steps.
Sterling Engineering’s client is an industry-leader in design and manufacturing of end of line packaging equipment solutions and packaging automation, as well as systems integration. With seven manufacturing facilities and more than 800 team members worldwide, this company is a global partner for its clients and has installations in more than 50 countries around the world. Their products and service network provides differentiated technology and technical support for manufacturing companies in a variety of global market segments, including: automotive, beer/beverage, wine, spirits, container manufacturing, food, household, personal care, dairy, paper, pharmaceutical, consumer mailing and collating.
We are looking for Electrical Controls Engineers who have a passion for helping our customers find innovative solutions, leading and developing teams and individuals, and making a positive impact on others.
The Electrical Engineer will report to the Director, Electrical Engineering, and the purpose of this role will be to provide complete project execution from system layout concept through to commissioning.
This person is expected to be a proficient user of AutoCAD and Rockwell Software, balancing knowledge of components, design criteria, cost control, and project schedule at the same time. This position will be responsible for assigned aspects of project execution and be able to manage time effectively across multiple projects.
- Electrical schematic and hardware design using AutoCAD
- PLC programming – company standard is Allen-Bradley ControlLogix, but other controllers are required on some projects
- HMI programming – company standard is Allen-Bradley PanelView+ using FactoryTalk View
- Servo and motion control programming
- VFD programming and setup
- Manage personal schedule of responsibilities on multiple projects and communicate with engineering and manufacturing team members throughout the process
- Travel to customer sites and other business locations is required. Travel is mostly project based and can vary based on project timelines (est. 35%)
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
Desired Knowledge, Experience, Skills, and Characteristics
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
- OEM/ integration experience needed
- Electrical Controls Engineering experience
- Project Management experience is a plus
- Robotic experience is a plus
- Proficient in electrical schematic design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office and AutoCAD
- Possession and modeling of strong ethics and values
- Strong problem solver