The Buyer is responsible for the purchasing of inventory and materials of their assigned category and location.
- Analyze and plan purchases in line with inventory KPI’s
- Communicate with vendors, negotiate prices, and purchase materials
- Recognize waste in procuring materials and work to eliminate
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 2 years of Purchasing experience
- Familiar with variety of metals manufacturing concepts, practices and procedures
- Experience working within an ERP system and creation of purchase orders
- Understands purchasing, both domestic and international, along with freight contracting
- Problem solving and analysis skills are necessary
- Must be comfortable with changing priorities and tight deadlines
At Sterling Engineering, we value our employees and we know they are the reason our company has had continued success. We’ve been recognized with accolades such as Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company and attribute it to the hard work of our employees.
Sterling’s success and reputation in the market is based on the ability to provide flexible workforce solutions through outsourcing or on-site services. Our success is also directly attributed to our employees and their commitment to quality work. Providing a progressive and comprehensive benefit package has allowed Sterling to attract and retain top talent. We reward employees’ performance and provide career development which has encouraged many employees to build lifetime careers with Sterling.