Pre-sales Solutions Architect - Arizona
- Posted: over a month ago
Are we your type?
We’re that tiny tech startup…that made it and keeps getting better and bigger. After 25 years, Sterling has evolved from a value-added computer-hardware reseller to a full-scale IT-solutions provider (“Client to Cloud,” we say), with brand-name manufacturer-partners like Dell Technologies, Cisco, HPE, Red Hat, and VMware; top-tier clients; and multimillion-dollar tech projects. We’re a place where you can make your mark and advance — because the ceiling hasn’t been set yet.
We currently have openings at our new 83,000-square-foot headquarters in North Sioux City, South Dakota (great sunsets, low traffic, reasonable housing, no state income taxes), or one of our eight other U.S. locations. Sterling is growing at a rate of 26% annually and has several openings — for passionate salespeople, brilliant software engineers, squared-away project managers, detail-loving admin, and more. https://sterling.com/career-opportunities/ for more info.
Title: Sales Engineer / Solutions Architect
Reports to: Director of Pre-Sales Engineering CCS
Location: Arizona, Remote
The Sterling Sales Engineer will work closely with sales Account Managers in a pre-sales technical role configuring solutions to meet specific customer complex technology needs, showcasing product solutions, setting up product demonstrations, and explaining features and value of technology solutions to customers. The Sales Engineer will be a key partner in the sales cycle and interact with customers both over the phone and on site to build trust and act as a trusted advisor for Sterling’s customers. Additionally, the Sales Engineer will identify and troubleshoot issues related to client devices, wireless and wired networking, servers, storage, cloud infrastructures and data centers for customers if necessary.
Required Technical Skills:
The Sales Engineer should possess a strong aptitude and understanding of a wide breadth of information technology, products, tools, services and solutions. At a minimum, the SE should have baseline familiarity with the entire technology stack as outlined below. Additionally, the SE will have deep expert level experience with one or more of the specific solutions within this stack:
- Virtualization: VMware, Citrix, Nutanix, Hyper-V, Tanzu, OpenShift, VxRail
- L2/3 Switching/Routing: Cisco, Arista, Juniper, Extreme, Brocade, NSX, HP/Aruba
- Security: Fortinet, Cisco, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, ZScaler, Nessus, Mimecast, Proofpoint
- DR/Backup: Veeam, Zerto, DataDomain, Commvault, Avamar, Rubrik, Cohesity
- Storage (block): vSAN, Dell (PowerStore, Unity, Compellent, EqualLogic), HPE (Nimble), Pure Storage, NetApp, Datacore, Software Defined Storage.
- Storage (file/object): Isilon, ECS, NetApp, Pure, Clumio, Nasuni
- Cloud: AWS, Azure, Google, Oracle
- Services: MSP and Deployment experience
- Certifications: VCP, VCAP, CCNA, CCNP, ACMP, ACMA, NSE4, AWS:SA
The SE should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a Pre-Sales Engineer, Systems Engineer, or related customer facing role. A four-year technical degree or military service is not required. Must able to connect the dots technically, while also having a personality that is “salesy” enough to develop a personal relationship with customers and vendors.
The minimum requirements for this SE role are outlined in the five categories below:
- Productive: Sterling is a large small business that requires our employees to have an entrepreneurial motor to remain productive. Our SEs maximize their day and downtime to ensure their teams overachieve their sales goals while building deeper relationships and trust with our customers.
- Teamwork: Sterling’s selling motions are built on utilizing cross-functional teams to maximize success. Our SEs must work well with peers, vendors and other segments within our business.
- Coaching: Technology is always changing, and we would never expect our SEs to know everything. We do however expect our SEs to learn from the experience of our extended engineering group and leadership. We try to minimize our mistakes and losses however learning from them is vital.
- Winning: Sterling has large ambitions and the only way we can achieve them is by winning together as a team. We want our SEs to have a winning mindset and to celebrate all successful events. When they win, we want them to enjoy the limelight, to grow in their influence, and to increase their earnings.
- Development: We expect our SEs to constantly evolve their knowledge, process and influences within the company and customers. What works today may not work tomorrow and we need SEs to prepare for the future of Sterling.
- Ability to communicate, coordinate, and work effectively with sales, engineering, leadership, and services delivery teams.
- Understand financial benefits of solutions and can speak to TCO/ROI of comparable offers.
- Ability to comprehend, understand, and confidently articulate technology solutions and how they best apply to customers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and empirical evidence to solve problems.
- Able to clarify and assimilate information from different sources into a unified communication.
- Confidently articulate features and value of technology solutions to customers.
- Configure products according to specifications.
- Ensure any RFP responses are technically acceptable and profitable.
- Build deep relationships with key customer decision makers.
- Develop and perform technical presentations to customers, partners, and prospects.
- Participate regularly in industry training and seek and maintain certifications to keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services.
- Provide technical guidance to the business on forward looking technologies.
- Build partner relationships with key technology vendors and OEMs.
- Participate in account planning and QBRs with sales and sales leadership.
- Look for ways to apply new technologies Sterling offers to underpenetrated accounts within our segments.
Sterling Computers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or applicable local law.
Sterling Computers Corporation
TechnologyView all jobs at Sterling Computers Corporation