Federal Sales Account Manager
Sterling Computers Corporation North Sioux City, SD
- Posted: over a month ago
As required by Executive Order 14043, Sterling employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected for employment, as a condition of employment with Sterling you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to submit appropriate documentation of proof of vaccination.
Are we your type?
We’re that tiny tech startup…that made it and keeps getting better and bigger. After 25 years, Sterling has evolved from a value-added computer-hardware reseller to a full-scale IT-solutions provider (“Client to Cloud,” we say), with brand-name manufacturer-partners like Dell Technologies, Cisco, HPE, Red Hat, and VMware; top-tier clients; and multimillion-dollar tech projects. We’re a place where you can make your mark and advance — because the ceiling hasn’t been set yet.
We currently have openings at our new 83,000-square-foot headquarters in North Sioux City, South Dakota (great sunsets, low traffic, reasonable housing, no state income taxes), or one of our eight other U.S. locations. Sterling is growing at a rate of 26% annually and has several openings — for passionate salespeople, brilliant software engineers, squared-away project managers, detail-loving admin, and more. https://sterling.com/career-opportunities/ for more info.
Title: Federal Sales Account Manager
Location: North Sioux City, SD
Job Description: The Federal Sales Account Manager will work closely with customers to develop, maintain, and expand sales relationships within an assigned territory or Federal Government account. The Account Manager is responsible for several tasks within the sales cycle including account planning, identifying sales opportunities, communicating with customers regularly via phone and email, preparing quotations and proposal responses, and closing deals. The Account Manager is also responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with account representatives of strategic partners and manufacturers.
Required Technical Skills: The Federal Sales Account Manager should be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat Professional. Experience using Salesforce—or similar CRM—is desired. General computer proficiency is required.
Required Education/Experience: The Federal Sales Account Manager should have a minimum of 2+ years of experience in sales and prior experience with telephone sales is desired. A high school diploma or equivalent is required and post-secondary education in business, marketing, or a related field is preferred.Requirements:
- Able to communicate, coordinate, and work effectively with coworkers.
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality.
- Able to work independently, demonstrate strong initiative, and set and achieve personal and team goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to articulate product solutions to customers.
- Able to draft and present quotations and responses to customer requests effectively.
- Capable of working in a high-paced, demanding sales environment.
- Has a pleasant, patient and friendly attitude.
- Customer service oriented mentality. Willing to go the extra mile to satisfy a customer.
- Able to accurately and efficiently document customer information and sales activity.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Basic, general knowledge of IT products.
- Meet weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales goals and sales activity requirements as assigned by the Director of Sales.
- Identify and capture new leads via phone and email, including customer/opportunity cultivation.
- Communicate with customers regularly to identify sales opportunities and potential competition, document key customer requirements and customer decision makers.
- Maintain an accurate sales pipeline and an actionable 6-month sales forecast.
- Receive and respond to customer requests for quotation and information, questions, and issues via email and phone.
- Communicate with distributors, manufacturers, partners, and resellers to collect pricing and product information for preparation of quotations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with strategic partners and manufacturer account representatives. Coordinate with appropriate strategic partners on emerging customer requirements, concerns, and opportunities.
- Maintain detailed records of sales activity in Salesforce.
- Perform other duties as assigned by senior level account managers or Director of Sales
Sterling Computers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or applicable local law.
Sterling Computers Corporation
AddressNorth Sioux City, SD
BusinessView all jobs at Sterling Computers Corporation