Would you like to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally- conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow/develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, synergy, commitment, and partnership. We are committed to an environment where people can grow and develop and where innovative ideas and new approaches are valued. Be our newest team member! On-Site Hospital Sharps Collectors are an integral component of the Stericycle Sharps Management Service.
We are seeking a Part-time On-Site Hospital Sharps Collector to work under management direction, providing on-site placement and collection of Stericycle waste containers based on the customer contract (Sharps, Rx, Haz, etc.) throughout a healthcare facility, as required or requested. This is a physically strenuous role involving lifting, pushing and pulling heavy carts and extensive walking throughout the hospital(s). Although customer-facing, the person in this role will primarily work independently and will therefore need to be self-motivated and dependable.
This part-time position will be responsible for servicing Pikeville Medical Center 3 days each week (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays) with a 6am start time and work approximately 8 hours on each of those days. The hiring manager will make that determination. Immunizations and credentialing will possibly be required based on customer requirements.
Key Job Activities:
1) Travels between customer healthcare facilities to proactively monitor, collect, and exchange waste containers for various Stericycle programs and services, including but not limited to Sharps Management Service, Pharmaceutical Waste and Document Shredding.
2) Interacts professionally with on site customer staff to ensure service expectations are met or exceeded.
3) Maintains a rigid collection and service schedule.
4) Communicates duty status on a defined schedule.
5) Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Required Education: in High School or Equivalent