Would you like to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow and develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our fulltime team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment and partnership, and On-Site Hospital Sharps Collectors are an integral component of the Stericycle Sharps Management Service. Be our newest team member!
We are seeking an On-Site Hospital Sharps Collector who will work under management direction and will be required to travel between customer facilities, providing on-site placement and collection of Stericycle waste containers (Sharps, Rx, Haz, etc.) throughout healthcare facilities, based on the customer contract and as required or requested. This is a physically strenuous role involving lifting, pushing and pulling heavy carts and extensive walking throughout the hospitals. Although customer-facing, the person in this role will primarily work independently and will therefore need to be self-motivated and dependable.
This is a fulltime position working Monday-Friday with a 5am start time, 8 hours each day, servicing hospitals in the Downtown LA and Hollywood areas. Miles driven between facilities serviced in the same day are reimbursed at $.58 per mile. Reliable transportation is required. Immunizations and credentialing will possibly be necessary, based on customer requirements.
Key Job Activities:
1) Travels between customer healthcare facilities to proactively monitor, collect, and exchange waste containers for various Stericycle programs and services, including but not limited to Sharps Management Service, Pharmaceutical Waste and Document Shredding.
2) Interacts professionally with onsite customer staff to ensure service expectations are met or exceeded.
3) Maintains a rigid collection and service schedule.
4) Communicates duty status on a defined schedule.
5) Performs other related duties as required or requested.