This individual will ensure all waste is unloaded from vehicles, the vehicles are decontaminated, and waste is properly staged for scanning and processing. The individual will perform the duties in a safe and productive manner.
Key Job Activities:
1) Unload waste from incoming vehicles. Separates non-autoclavable waste to be incinerated.
2) Stage waste on conveyor system or properly stack waste for scanning in the Bio track system.
3) Scan waste into the Bio track system for proper record keeping purposes.
4) Load autoclave bins or incinerator hopper with waste for processing.
5) Place re-usable containers on tub wash line for decontamination.
6) Operates tub wash unit insuring the wash unit is operating properly. Removes clean tubs from wash unit, inspects tubs and stacks for loading onto assigned vehicle for re-use.
7) Operates tub wash sprayer for oversized reusable tubs insuring the unit is operating properly. Inspects tubs and stacks for loading onto assigned vehicle for re-use.
8) Decontaminates vehicles cargo-carrying portion, reloads assigned re-usable tubs and insures cargo-carrying portion of vehicle does not have free liquid on the floor. Informs plant supervisor the vehicle is ready to be moved from dock area.
9) Insures housekeeping issues, e.g., spills cleaned up, floor is dry, and debris not on floor, etc., are addressed immediately.
10) Assists in other areas of the plant operation as directed.
Required Education: in High School or Equivalent
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Why Work Here?Stericycle is in the business of protecting the environment. It’s a company that was founded in 1989 and now operates in 24 countries with over 23,000 team members. There are multiple facets to the company but they’re mostly known for hazardous waste removal from medical facilities (such as sharps and bio waste), or from retail settings (such as oil, hair dyes, and paints), as well as their shred-it business which takes sensitive documents and shreds into recycled paper.
Local Routes and Home at Nights