The Shred-it Customer Security Representative (II) is responsible for providing industry leading levels of service to our clients while taking care of all customer document destruction needs. The integrity of every Customer Security Representative is essential to maintaining goodwill and building new bonds of trust with our clients. The Customer Security Representative is a member of the Operations team and plays an integral role as the face of Shred-it. The Customer Security Representative(II) maintains Shred-its policies, standards, and practices and ensures adherence to Shred-it's Vision, Mission and Values.
Key Job Activities:
1. CUSTOMER SECURITY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs onsite/offsite document destruction of confidential information using mobile based shredding equipment.
• Operates company equipment in a safe and efficient manner in an effort to minimize the risk of injury and equipment damage.
• Maintains a high level of security when emptying consoles by ensuring all documents are retrieved, bags are placed and the consoles are securely locked.
• Services customer locations in a manner that least interrupts the client’s business.
• Services accounts using a hand-held device, providing customers a printed certificate of destruction upon completion of each service.
• Operates mobile shredder to conduct on-site shredding daily.
• Transports documents from client locations daily to be destructed offsite.
• Maintains a clean and safe working area; especially around the baling machine.
• Ensures that truck shredding compartment and cab is cleaned and organized at all times in accordance with company guidelines.
• Performs mandated daily safety and maintenance checks on truck and shredder equipment.
• Conducts daily check-in with Service Manager to review route completion and efficiencies.
• Complies with all local, state and federal laws governing driver fitness and hours of service.
• Complete and maintain DOT logs when applicable.
• Understand and implement all Corporate and Document Management division policies and procedures that impact job responsibility.
• Follows all safety requirements as outlined in corporate policies.
• Maintains a responsible approach to all security and safety matters related to Shred-it operations, following the company’s policies and procedures at all times and bringing the manager's attention to any areas of concern.
2. CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES
• Handles and responds to all customer problems and inquiries expediently and in the best interest of both the customer and Shred-it.
• Develops and maintains a relationship with the account contact and decision maker to ensure contract renewals and prevent lost business.
• Completes all necessary paperwork accurately as required by company policy.
• Ensures that all customer containers have been serviced and are orderly and clean.
• Maintains cleanliness of truck interior and exterior.
• Always maintains personal appearance and truck presentation in accordance with policies. Presents the Shred-it image in appearance and actions as superior and professional.
• Serve as a Helpful Expert in exceeding customer expectations on a regular basis
Required Education: in High School or Equivalent
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
Why Work Here?Stericycle is in the business of protecting the environment. It’s a company that was founded in 1989 and now operates in 24 countries with over 23,000 team members. There are multiple facets to the company but they’re mostly known for hazardous waste removal from medical facilities (such as sharps and bio waste), or from retail settings (such as oil, hair dyes, and paints), as well as their shred-it business which takes sensitive documents and shreds into recycled paper.
Local Routes and Home at Nights