Responsible for the identification, removal, packaging, transportation, and disposing of various hazardous materials in compliance with proper procedures for hazardous and non-hazardous waste handling and management.
Key Job Activities:
1) Pick up and transport waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations. Label containers and complete pre-printed manifests / work orders. Schedule shipments into or off site.
2) Perform warehouse work related to receipt, shipment, storage, distribution, or delivery of waste materials. Loads, unloads, moves, or stores items according to delivery or routing documents, or supervisor instructions and performing general housekeeping duties.
3) Operate a hand truck, forklift, or other heavy equipment.
4) Classify, segregate, and inventory waste containers in storage for shipment. Conducts lab pack operations. Pack small laboratory containers of chemical waste into larger containers for shipment.
5) Perform various regulatory compliance and safety tasks including, but not limited to:
• Pre-trip inspections of vehicle
• Report all losses, spills, accidents, and safety violations to supervisor immediately.
• Resolve leaking containers/containers in non-DOT shippable condition.
6) Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Education: in High School or Equivalent
Experience (North America & LATAM):
Required Years of Experience: 0-2