Class A CDL Heavy Haul Transport Truck Driver- Lowboy / Landoll/ RGN /Step Deck
- Posted: 4 days ago
Stepp's Towing and Heavy Transport
We are looking to add Heavy Haul Transport Drivers to our team! We are seeking candidates that possess a positive attitude, customer service skills, and problem-solving abilities. We are looking for a Class A CDL driver for a local/regional transportation position. We run lowboy, landoll trailers, step-deck, flatbed trailers, as well as heavy duty rollbacks. Drivers will need to be familiar or experienced with High, Wide, and Heavy loads.
The ideal experienced driver must be able to do the following:
- Maneuver tractor and trailers into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned
- Be willing to pull trailers configured with tow bars or gooseneck
- Load and unload trucks, or help others with loading and unloading, operating any special loading-related equipment on vehicles, and using other equipment as necessary
- Secure equipment for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, or covers
- Operate a multi-axle trailer to facilitate transportation of heavy equipment
- Effectively operate GPS mapping
- Work in all weather conditions
Physical Requirements for the Position Include:
- Lifting, crawling, pulling, constant use of hands, significant bending and reaching, climbing, significant physical strength and stamina
- Class A CDL License required w/ 2 years of verifiable experience
- Current DOT Medical Card
- Must be registered in the DOT Clearinghouse
- Must be able to pass background check /drug test
- Clean Driving Record
- Possess great Customer Service/Communication Skills
Commission Pay: 25% Commission- Our drivers on average earn $1,500-$2,000/week. This pay structure should not be misconstrued as a salary paid position.
- Pay Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits Offered- plus Free Term Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off with accruals starting on day 1 and available at 90 days
- 401K Match
- Career Development
Stepp’s Towing & Heavy Transport has been family-owned and operated since 1960! We have fleet vehicles in the greater Tampa Bay area as well as the greater Orlando area. We specialize in light duty, medium duty, and heavy duty towing as well as heavy transport, auto salvage, and emergency spill response. No job too small... no problem too big!
Drug Free Workplace.
Background check required.
Stepp’s Towing and Heavy Transport is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply.
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?