Legal Assistant / Paralegal
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Social Security Disability Legal Assistant / Paralegal to become a part of our team! You will communicate with clients as their Social Security disability claims proceed through the legal process. You will assist the lawyer with all preliminary work including the acquisition of clients' medical records and their submission to Social Security in preparation for the clients' hearings. This position requires an individual who is a self-starter, is willing to learn, is detail oriented, is willing to work in a fast-paced environment, and who takes pride in their work. Prior experience in a law firm is a must, but prior experience in Social Security (although preferred) is not required. Recent paralegal graduates are welcome to apply.
- Communicate with clients as their Social Security disability claims proceed through the legal process.
- Assist the lawyer with all preliminary work for clients' Social Security claims
- Acquisition of clients' medical records and their submission to Social Security in preparation for the clients' hearings
- Managing day-to-day client caseload and attorney calendar
- Following up with existing clients and Social Security offices
- Handling email, phone, and written correspondence
- Previous experience as a legal assistant, paralegal, or recent paralegal graduate
- Proficient use of legal computer applications
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Willing to learn and work in a fast-paced environment
- Takes pride in their work
- Time management skills
- Well organized
- Fully paid Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Eligible for a 401k retirement plan with Employer Match after employment of 1 year
Salary commensurate with experience. We allow (and pay) over time. Pay can increase substantially for the individual who meshes well with our office and who is capable of handling the various demands of the workload.
224 Adams AvenueWilkes-Barre, PA
Get fresh Social Security Paralegal jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.