Stephen Hamilton Productions is a top culinary photography and film company. We are searching for a Studio Coordinator, who has practical knowledge of the advertising industry. This a not just a desk job and can be very active and physical. Work in a fun, creative environment and enjoy unusual perks such as breakfast and lunch on shoot days.
Responsibilities: The main responsibility of the Studio Coordinator is to be the go-to person who makes sure all day-to-day studio operations run smoothly.
To be considered and responded to, you must have experience and clear understanding of a commercial photo studio, advertising agency, commercial film production, art buying or artist's representative.
Because this is a very busy photo studio, this team member needs to jump in and have some knowledge of how a photo studio operates (this is not, or will not be a photo assistant job). They must be organized and possess multi-tasking skills with an positive client service attitude. (this is not, or will not become a photo assistant job)
Please be respectful and do not contact anyone at Stephen Hamilton Productions directly, thank you.
Operations: The Studio Coordinator must be able to manage the many aspects of a studio with skill and calm. Here is a partial list of responsibilities:
- checking in product
- studio production books
- managing calendar
- updated weekly status meetings doc
- sort thru mail
- mail vendors checks each week
- bank deposit runs
- job tracking and client output sheets for each job
- assist Stephen Hamilton on personal/business affair
Client Service: The Studio Coordinator must have excellent client relation capabilities. They should know how to be comfortable and approachable in dealing with many types of clients. Some client service duties encompass:
- greet clients and give studio tours
- make transportation reservations to and from the studio
- generate and update lists of clients for thank you notes and marketing purposes
- coordinate and set-up breakfast, snacks and lunches for clients
- follow up with clients regarding their product
- coordinate client holiday gifts and generate/execute smaller promotion ideas throughout the year
- update and maintain master address books of clients, vendors, freelancers etc.
General Studio Responsibilities: The Studio Coordinator needs to have a keen eye for detail. This person will be the “keeper” of studio policies and make sure all staff and freelance employees understand and follow studio policy. They will be responsible for many tasks to maintain the appearance of the studios: clearing out storage areas, refrigerators and freezers. They will make sure all maintenance is handled in a timely and appropriate manner.
- making sure the studio is client ready each day
- studio is fully stocked with supplies/groceries/ etc.
- allocating SHP expenses and matching to American Express cc on a monthly basis
- scheduling all studio maintenance services: AC Repairs, roofing, cleaning, grease trap cleaning, hood cleaning, window washing, waste management, elevator, ice machine etc.
- organizing product deliveries as well as donations or throwing away of product
- coordinate with Room 1520/event venue on large deliveries
- Clear knowledge of a commercial photo studio, advertising agency, commercial film production, art buying or artist's representative
- be organized and a multi-tasker to a fault
- be physically fit enough to lift and carry heavy items
- diplomatic and patient
- Flexible working hours
- Reliable transportation to/from work
- skilled in Mac, Keynote and Google docs/sheets
- skilled in Adobe and Microsoft apps is a plus
- Hours: approx 50 hours per week
- breakfast and lunch provided during production and shoot days
- 401 K starting at 1 year of employment
- fun people in an artistic working environment
- PTO days offered