Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
AARC TUTOR (Writing)
Bookmark this Posting - Print Preview - Apply for this Job
Please see Special Instructions for more details. Please, provide a writing sample with your job application by uploading it as an additional or other file.
Job Title AARC TUTOR (Writing)
This is a student position responsible for assisting in the operations and activities of a department or a departmental project, program, or function.
Writing tutors can expect to assist students both face to face and online. lead workshops, conduct marketing, as well as participate in service-learninng, research, and program development.
1. Provides office assistance to the department by assisting staff in routine clerical duties and responsibilities. 2. Provides assistance in answering phone calls, routing incoming calls, taking messages, greeting visitors, and directing visitors to appropriate staff member. 3. Assists in file and records maintenance. 4. Assists in the preparation and implementation of departmental project/program activities. 5. Provides general information and/or training regarding project/program. 6. Performs other related duties as assigned. 7. Assist students both face to face and online. 8. Lead workshops 9. Conduct marketing 10. Participate in service-learninng, research, and program development.
1. The minimum education required for admittance as a student at Stephen F. Austin State University.
2. Recommendation from a faculty member in the form of a letter of recommendation.
3. No direct tutoring experience is required. Training and instruction will be provided.
1. Earned an A in ENG 273- Technical and Scientific Writing or any related business writing coursework.
2. Earned an A in an upper-level English course (300-400 level) taken at SFA (preferably ENG 344- Structures of English).
Special Conditions for Eligibility
A student must be enrolled in six or more semester hours to be eligible for student employment during the fall or spring semesters. To be eligible for student employment during the summer, a student must be enrolled in three or more semester hours or be registered for courses in the upcoming fall semester.
Student assistants may not hold any other type of position such as a graduate assistantship or temporary casual employment at the same time that they are employed as a student assistant.
Position End Date (if temporary)
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number SA2019-628
Number of Vacancies Multiple
Posting Open Date 09/10/2019
Review Start Date
Posting Close Date
Min Pay Rate 8.25
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please, provide a writing sample with your job application by uploading it as an additional or other file.
Stephen F. Austin State University, an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and Educator, is committed to excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, creed, color, age, national origin, religion or physical or mental disability as required by law. If, because of an impairment or disability, you need accommodation during any part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources at 936-468-2304.
Posting Quick Link http://careers.sfasu.edu/postings/5224
Contact Name Kay Winfield
Contact Phone 9364681542
Contact Email email@example.com
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
+ What classes and subjects would you like to tutor for this program?
(Open Ended Question)
+ What types of tutoring would you like to do: walk-in tables (open lab), weekly appointments, Ask A Tutor, and/or online writing lab?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
+ Cover Letter
+ Letter of Recommendation
+ Other Document
+ Letter of Recommendation 1
+ Letter of Recommendation 2
+ Letter of Recommendation 3
+ Student Class Schedule
Stephen F. Austin State University
Get fresh Online Writing Tutor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
People Searching Online Writing Tutor Also Searched