Who We Are
StemExpress is a leading biospecimen provider helping the global research community accelerate the pace of disease prevention and cure discovery.
We are hiring a Laboratory Technician to process and isolate human blood and tissue. Purify human primary cells from umbilical cord blood, whole blood, bone marrow and various human tissues. Laboratory activities include pooling plasma/buffy coats; processing; identifying; sorting; and tracking various specimens in adherence to all applicable regulatory requirements.
Who You Are
An enthusiastic Laboratory Technician well versed cellular knowledge with one of the following:
- Bachelor's level degree in biological science or related discipline
- Successful completion of Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) accreditation program and licensing exam
- 1 year (college or industry) experience within a laboratory setting.
You are familiar with using tools and techniques like; aseptic technique, pipettes, flow cytometry, cell separation and purity techniques. Whether working as a team or as an individual, you are attentive to detail and follow protocols. Most of all, you are looking for a career you can be proud of and know that with StemExpress you will play a key role in accelerating the cure and prevention of significant medical conditions at life-changing speed!
To be successful, the Laboratory Technician will do the following:
- Receive, log, and trace specimens while following HIPAA regulations for donor/sample security.
- Handle, isolate, and characterize human blood and tissues.
- Perform existing procedures for flow cytometry, immunostaining, cell separation, and cell counting.
- Follow, amend, and submit updates to regulatory documents to continually increase product and workflow quality.
- Wear the required appropriate protective equipment and adhere to laboratory aseptic techniques while complying with laboratory safety procedures.
- Perform required preventative maintenance procedures on laboratory instrumentation; identify real or potential situations or equipment failure; investigate and resolve technical problems.
- Practice Good Documentation Practices (GDP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), and participate in continuous improvement.
- Comprehensive health insurance package
- Generous 401(K) package with company match after 1 year
- Comprehensive salary plus discretionary bonus program
- Employer-sponsored Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account Plans
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holiday Pay
- Company sponsored events i.e. monthly Celebration Days
- Being a part of an organization that prioritizes professional development as a foundation of our culture