Apheresis Technician - Similar to Dialysis Technician
StemExpress Raleigh, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who We Are
StemExpress is a biotech company that provides medical researchers with blood, cells and tissue to support their research in finding cures and treatments for significant medical conditions.
We are seeking an Apheresis Technician to perform safe, effective collections at our Collection Center. Our team provides excellent donor service, while collecting white blood cells through a procedure called apheresis (similar to dialysis) and assists in bone marrow collections.
Who You Are
A professional in the healthcare industry with dialysis or apheresis experience and an active Certification in Phlebotomy. You feel comfortable collecting and documenting blood specimens in a medical clinic environment. You are a "people" person who knows how to connect with a wide variety of individuals. You frequently demonstrate problem solving skills while maintaining accuracy and a sense of urgency. Most of all, you are looking for a career you can be proud of and know that with StemExpress you will play a key role in accelerating the cure and prevention of significant medical conditions at life-changing speed!
This position has a similar skill set to a Dialysis Technician with strong phlebotomy skills. To be successful, an Apheresis Technician will do the following:
- Demonstrate excellence in customer/donor service.
- Routinely perform phlebotomy to collect blood samples.
- Perform apheresis collections according to established procedures and SOPs, ensuring compliance with all pertinent regulatory requirements.
- Receive, log, and trace specimens while following HIPPA regulations for donor/sample security.
- Frequently complete and review various forms of documentation required for donations to pass quality assurance standards.
- Assist physician in bone marrow collections.
- Perform cell counts and analysis on blood specimens.
- Comprehensive health insurance package
- Generous 401(K) package with company match after 1 year
- Comprehensive salary plus discretionary bonus program
- Employer-sponsored Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account Plans
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holiday Pay
- Company sponsored events i.e. monthly Celebration Days
- Being a part of an organization that prioritizes professional development as a foundation of our culture
HealthcareView all jobs at StemExpress