Oracle Apex Database Developer, New York City, NY
Stellent IT LLC New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Oracle Apex Database Developer,
New York City, NY
Phone + Skype
Position: Senior Database Developer with APEX
Role Description and Objectives
Responsible for gathering requirements, document specifications and work with analysts for development, tuning and troubleshooting of Oracle PL/SQL code (Packages, Procedures, triggers, etc.), Oracle APEX 5.x Screens/Web Services and ORDS (Oracle Rest Data Services), Java (J2EE) Application Development, JSON files.
- PL/SQL and SQL coding, tuning and troubleshooting
- Oracle APEX 5.x workspace admin, pages and web services development.
- Web Services Development using ORDS and Oracle APEX.
- JSON files development and storage using standards and best practices in Oracle 12c
- Oracle Rest Data Services (ORDS) installation
- Oracle APEX database installation and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Application Development Support.
- Apache Tomcat installation, application deployment, jdbc connection pooling creation.
- Java (J2EE) application development.
- Conform to SQL and PL/SQL coding standards and best practices.
- Assist in database design and application development.
- Some analysis and requirement gathering as well as documenting specifications.
- Create and maintain all necessary documentation for developed applications.
Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in Oracle development with specific focus on:
- PL/SQL and SQL coding, tuning and troubleshooting in 10g and 11g environments with Explain Plan analysis and optimization
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL features for performance and new features launched with 11g and 12c
- Oracle APEX 4.x/5.x administration and development.
- Oracle Rest Data Services (ORDS) installation and web services development
- Understanding of NoSQL distributed databases, MongoDB/DynamoDB
- Java (J2EE) application development
- Oracle Database 11g and 12c experience is required
- Apache Tomcat installation and administration.
- Understanding of Data Modeling concepts and Database design
- Strong command of English language, both oral and written
- Excellent self-tasking and team work skills
Practical experience with one or more of the following preferred, but not required:
- Must have good problem-solving, trouble-shooting and communication skills
- Very strong writing and speaking skills
- Client-facing skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Mentoring and tutoring skills
- Practical experience with Perl and Perl DBI, Shell Script
- Knowledge of e-Commerce systems
- Experience with Oracle APEX Development and security access implementation
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering