- Posted: 15 days ago
Responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing broadly defined quality engineering practices for existing or new business activities. Assure compliance with contract requirements and determine appropriate internal requirements to maintain compliance. On assigned project activities, incumbent may coordinate or direct the work of other less senior personnel. Complete ownership of quality processes that directly impact manufacturing outputs and internal requirements.
- Ownership of the following processes:
- Manage inspection activities and reporting in receiving, mechanical, in-process and final inspection.
- Assist with preparation of First Article Inspection reports and assist with other contract data deliverables.
- Work within the MRB to track and determine the disposition of suspect/rejected material and track scrap through internal processes.
- Maintain the NCR database and work with various departments to ensure NCs are addressed in a timely manner.
- Maintain the rework database, validate data is accurate, and generate reports that can drive improvement activities.
- Metrology and Calibration of Equipment and Instruments
- Oversee and maintain the calibration system and database.
- Additional job functions and support roles:
- Identify and communicate customer, regulatory and internal quality requirements. Analyze requirements for compatibility with Stellar products and practices.
- Assist with Supplier Approval activities including documenting and resolving Supplier Issues, performing Supplier Evaluations, and maintaining Supplier Approvals.
- Lead root cause corrective action efforts using applicable problem-solving tools, such as 8D, to resolve product and process nonconformances.
- Assist in quality audits to assure compliance to internal and external requirements, including regulatory and statutory compliance.
- Assist in quality-related training of personnel and development of appropriate training materials.
- Lead development, documentation, and improvements of the Quality System to ensure conformance and effectiveness.
- Achieve ongoing improvements to customer satisfaction and quality metrics through team-based improvement activity, individual improvement initiatives, and application of continuous improvement tools.
- Perform other Quality related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to concurrently handle multiple project assignments and ability to lead as well as participate on cross-functional project teams.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Engineering written and verbal skills with an ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Broad knowledge of the industry, national and international quality system standards, and experience in their application in a production environment.
- Ability to perform internal quality system and process audits.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, related process controls, and inspection and test methods. Proficiency in advanced product quality planning (APQP) and failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA).
- Proficiency in the application of problem-solving methods, improvement tools, and statistical analysis tools (e.g., seven basic tools, control charts, capability analysis, etc.). Ability to facilitate root cause analysis and implement effective corrective action.
- Ability to effectively communicate advanced quality concepts, plans, and technical data, internally and with customer personnel at all levels.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and general-purpose software.
- Experience in an ISO 9001 or AS9100 organization.
ITAR RestrictedThis position is restricted to US Citizens, Permanent Residents or Green Card Holders
EOE/M/F/Veteran/Disability | Stellar Technology is a Diverse Work Force Employer
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?