- Posted: 18 days ago
The Production Coordinator tracks orders throughout the entirety of the production process and executes detailed production plans for finished, semi-finished, and component materials. The PC serves as the daily contact on the shop floor for work order scheduling and start/finish status. This position is also responsible for ensuring the system promised delivery dates are regularly maintained and revised when necessary, so that Customer Service can utilize the system in reporting order status to customers. Maintaining correct priorities on the shop floor and ensuring product flow and organization of all production activities are key responsibilities of this position.
- The Production Coordinator verifies that product will be on time and expedites manufacturing as required to maintain timely delivery of quality goods.
- Confers with departmental leads or other personnel to assess progress and discuss any needed changes in production or delivery schedule.
- Maintains communication flow between all members of production and materials crew.
- The PC shall act as a liaison between the Production Staff and Customer Service/Sales representatives.
- Works closely with the Production Planner to revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions.
- Notifies Customer Service of any revisions or delays in production schedule when required.
- Confers with Operations staff, Purchasing, Engineering and/or Customer Support to coordinate production and shipping activities to maintain proper priority, resolve complaints, and eliminate delays.
- Assists in processing required in-process inspection and provides on-point coordination with Quality Control as required
- Prepares and maintains project timelines using Microsoft Excel for Customer updates throughout the build.
- Tracks jobs through production process and ensures promised delivery dates are met or adjusted when necessary.
- Performs root cause analysis and communicate solutions to resolve issues.
- The PC participates in the administration and continuous improvement of inventory management metrics, customer delivery metrics, and all relevant requirements of an employee of Stellar Technology.
- Continuous learning and understanding are required surrounding the design and use of our products/associated software and their intended applications.
- Requires the ability to use related software applications and quickly grasp and understand engineering concepts surrounding these products and their development.
- Works safely and actively participates in all plant safety directives while adhering to all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Moves jobs through the floor daily and lines up production staff with the appropriate work.
- Other assignments as required.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with high tolerance for interruptions and changing priorities.
- Must be dependable and available to work overtime when required.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively and efficiently with limited supervision.
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to learn technical concepts quickly and be able to explain them clearly and concisely in writing.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Accurate work with superior organization and strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills with strength in root cause analysis and change management
- General understanding of inventory management processes and tool
ITAR Restricted: This position is restricted to US Citizens, Permanent Residents or Green Card Holders.
EOE/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Stellar Technology is a Diverse Work Force Employer.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?