Software Engineer for Scientific Applications (ABQ)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We hire smart Software Engineers who love to create and maintain high quality, extensible C++ code, and are willing to learn and adopt modern C++ practices.
Support software development in the following domains: computer vision and image processing, image simulation, high power microwave systems modeling and simulation, laser source generation and effects modeling, computational electromagnetics (CEM), space situational awareness (SSA), high performance computing (HPC), and computer aided design (CAD) tools, among others.
- B.S. in computer science or a math, science, or engineering field
- Substantial software development experience
- Object-oriented design and programming in C++
- Adept at learning new paradigms and programming development processes
- Willingness to develop high quality code in C++20
- U.S. citizen willing to undergo background investigation and perform some work at Kirtland Air Force Base
- Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in computer science or a math, science, or engineering field
- Active security clearance
Experience in any of the following is a plus:
- Cross-platform software development on Linux, Windows, Mac
- 3D graphics using OpenGL, Open Scene Graph and/or WebGL
- User interface development with Qt, Java Swing, Material UI
- Supercomputing, OpenMP, threads, MPI, GPUs
- Image processing, imagery analysis, or computer vision
- Aerospace vehicles, orbital mechanics, electromagnetics, or space situational awareness
- Directed energy modeling and simulation
- Computer aided design (CAD)
Stellar Science is a growing Albuquerque-based scientific software development company seeking talented software developers to create and extend exciting scientific and engineering analysis applications. We maintain high standards in all our software development efforts, utilizing modern development practices including continuous integration, test-driven development, and code reviews in order to develop high quality, maintainable, and reusable code. By employing a lightweight development process, we remain highly productive and responsive to changing customer needs.
Applicants may range from recent college graduates to experienced software engineers; the main requirements are that candidates be top-notch, responsible, self-motivated, honest, able to work well independently or in small teams, and be able to rapidly learn new languages, tools, and techniques as needed to meet mission requirements.
A representative sample of your code may be requested early in the evaluation process. This can be something you've written for work, a class, or for fun, that is substantial enough to demonstrate your programming and software engineering skills.
Stellar Science is a forward-thinking business that allows its developers and scientists to work at home on occasion when consistent with job requirements. Standard benefits include ten paid federal holidays (which may be floated as desired), three weeks vacation, a generous fully employer-funded SEP IRA, and fully employer-funded health insurance, as well as dental, disability, and life insurance.
Stellar Science is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or national origin, in accordance with federal regulations.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Stellar Science